USA v Jamaica @ 11:30 | The Boneyard

USA v Jamaica @ 11:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
enjoyed listening to the Jamaican coach telling his players how to play against Breanna! she's something special! but i do have to say, i think Valencial McFarland was a detriment to the team, at least most of the time i watched her play. she seemed intent every time down the court to keep the ball, drive it into traffic, and jack up a bad shot. and Shante Evans, or whatever her name is, needs to learn how to pass out of the post when she receives a pass down low.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
final score was USA 87-41. It's really a shame this team did not have enough time to gel before those first two games. They certainly would have qualified for the medal rounds.

Puerto Rico beat Brazil by a point. Interesting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
More like shocking, i'd say.
couldnt' agree more. i thought brazil would take home the gold in a cakewalk. i really think if team USA had won either of it's 1st 2 games, given PR's result, they'd be in the gold medal game instead of playing in the 7/8 game.

i hate to say it, but to some extent i blame the coaching. the 2nd half of the Mexico game and the entire Jamaica game, i saw a TON of passing. in the first half of the Mexico game, and apparently the 2 games prior, it was the PG dribbling down the court and jacking up a shot, sometimes in traffic with 3 defenders smothering her. at least if the 1st half of Mexico was any indication.

Ceal Barry should have (IMHO) taken Valencia McFarland out after her 2nd ridiculous shot and benched her until she could learn how to pass the ball. i thought the offense flowed much better when they had Luper and i forget the other PG's name in there. much better passing and ball sharing.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
And while I admit to my RU bias, I have to say it's curious that the two players who didn't see the floor in the team's 3pt loss to Argentina (Sykes & Luper) averaged a combined 17ppg in the other 3 games. Sykes also finished the tournament with the 2nd best FG% on the team, and the 4th best rebounding avg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom