USA U23 National Team Invitees Named | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USA U23 National Team Invitees Named

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Where is Beatrice Mompremier? :)

Mulkey under-utilized Chou last season. I don't think that will be the case next season.
Also very surprised that your other Texas girl Joyner Holmes did not get an invite.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've heard that Cox declined as she is taking the summer to heal up injuries. Karen Aston is one of the assistant coaches for the U23 team - why would it surprise anyone that White was invited?
Because White can't play and Joyner Holmes who also plays for Karen was not invited.
hmm-that-s-a-bit-too-harsh-let-me-put-lol-at-the-e.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Now, this makes more sense. Early articles on the team selection referenced that Geno would "speak" at the camp. I read that and thought that sounded odd. Now, an article on Duke's participants comes out with the straight skinny. "Additionally, Geno Auriemma, 2009-16 USA Basketball Women's National Team head coach and head coach at the University of Connecticut, will serve as the lead clinician during training camp, guiding all of the sessions except the team practices and games." http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211646702

Reaction Score
I have to believe that this is very much an Olympic Team developmental program. With 40 invites (more like 36 given UConners' situation) the powers that be can be curious and very much looking to the future.
Assuming they would be in the final 12, I can't see the committee picking UCONN players if their goal is to win the tournament. Perhaps if UCONN players are selected, they would immediately decline and substitutes would fill the spot(s). Unless, they pick 16, 12 plus 4 alternates.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Assuming they would be in the final 12, I can't see the committee picking UConn players if their goal is to win the tournament. Perhaps if UConn players are selected, they would immediately decline and substitutes would fill the spot(s). Unless, they pick 16, 12 plus 4 alternates.

I agree. The goal has to be to pick a team that shows up! And wins. And that will happen while UConn does the pasta tour!

Reaction Score
I agree. The goal has to be to pick a team that shows up! And wins. And that will happen while UConn does the pasta tour!
Mmmm. Pasta - at geno's house. In itself a reason for recruits to pick UCONN.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I suspect @Biff had something to do with this.
Well no but yet you are on the right wavelength. As part of media day the players do all kinds of still and action posing in front of green screen background. That provides both video and still stock images that the media department can use to compose graphics like this. (Whoever did this one kinda' nominalized the heights. ) :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So the Duke Duo cant go to the games either. I just hope they dont get injured out in Colorado Springs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lexie Brown pulled out of the camp due to academic commitments.

Reaction Score
Well no but yet you are on the right wavelength. As part of media day the players do all kinds of still and action posing in front of green screen background. That provides both video and still stock images that the media department can use to compose graphics like this. (Whoever did this one kinda' nominalized the heights. ) :)

Great basketball and Green screen--who was doing the weather.
Thanks Biff--good stuff.

Reaction Score

Our All American-Canadian or All North American--doesn't get to play with the big girls--until next month. Sorry, I forgot she has been playing with the BiGGER girls of the Canadian Olympic team.

Still, it fantastic to see 4 of Geno's starting (big leap of confidence) five are trying out--if that is the correct term--or are those 4 women interviewing the USA training team???

Reaction Score
Mostly figured out I am still evolving and learning. I'm accountable enough to be held to anything I said when I was 16 as easily as anything I said yesterday.

My views continue to change as inputs help to modify them.
While --I know you are strong enough of character to own up to words at 16--i'll bet your views ihave change.
I read your words and mis-read the meaning or how word specific it was. The key phrase in your last sentence tells the entire story: "I'm accountable enough to be held to anything" I would argue those words with most people--but you live that phrase..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom