USA Today's Big East Stadium Rankings | The Boneyard

USA Today's Big East Stadium Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get too excited about these articles. The Rent could use some dressing up, like ribbon lighting and a better board at the east end. Other than that its a great place to watch a game.

Reaction Score
They don't like off campus stadiums, that was one of the main criteria.

Reaction Score
The only Big East stadium I have yet to see at a game at is Louisville. I may get there this year. Having said that.....I get that the empty NFL stadiums don't produce a great college environment, but there is no bigger dump of a stadium than the Carrier Dome. Just miserable.

Reaction Score
Even more telling from the article was the presumed lack of fan support given all the empty seats. "Why should the country care about Big East Football when your own fans can't fill your stadiums?" Lots of media folks never sit in The Rent. They tune in at kickoff and see lots of empty seats. They don't see that in other conferences. A lot of that is our own fault.

Reaction Score
Was the photo of the Rent in the USA Today article taken during construction? It looks to me like the people in that photo are walking around in hard hats. That's the best picture they can find?

Reaction Score
The only Big East stadium I have yet to see at a game at is Louisville. I may get there this year. Having said that.....I get that the empty NFL stadiums don't produce a great college environment, but there is no bigger dump of a stadium than the Carrier Dome. Just miserable.

Great road trip... near airport and few hotels within walking distance.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

All bucket seats too. Really good envinroment. Visiting fans are relly pinched in to the last section of the open end of the stadium. Will most likely be going this year if everything falls in to place.

F

fortebleedsblue

A football game at the carrier dome is about as exciting as a base ball game at the astrodome. If they wanna throw bball remarks about uconn and the rent .. How about the fact that the dome gets more at a ball game than football. Rutgers appears to still be going strong after that 2006 game vs ville.

Reaction Score
Was the photo of the Rent in the USA Today article taken during construction? It looks to me like the people in that photo are walking around in hard hats. That's the best picture they can find?
The goal posts aren't even installed yet either

Reaction Score
All bucket seats too. Really good envinroment. Visiting fans are relly pinched in to the last section of the open end of the stadium. Will most likely be going this year if everything falls in to place.

Stay safe down there Chin. Last I heard from family is P-cola is getting sparred the brunt of Isaac.

Reaction Score
Have been to three UCONN/Louisville games, it's a great experience. Seats in all sections, great pre-game energy. Stadium itself has some "vintage" spots but the atmosphere is very good. We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn near the stadium twice. It was the pre-game hotel of the Louisville team. Interesting to see the players in their pre-game routines and their reactions to fans from the opposing team. Rode the elevator with Coach Strong two years ago, he was very cordial.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't membership to the ACC help to remedy that? Rutgers and UNC stadium atmosphere? Temple or Virginia of NCState?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom