USA Today: Top list of revenues for NCAA Division I public schools | The Boneyard

USA Today: Top list of revenues for NCAA Division I public schools

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Top G5 school with Cinci following in at about a half dozen spots lower.

Reaction Score
Top G5 school with Cinci following in at about a half dozen spots lower.
What does the "Total allocated" column represent? UConn is the highest with $42MM.

Reaction Score
What does the "Total allocated" column represent? UConn is the highest with $42MM.

From the database link:

>> Total Allocated: The sum of student fees, direct and indirect institutional support and state money allocated to the athletics department, minus certain funds the department transferred back to the school. The transfer amount cannot exceed the sum of student fees and direct institutional support that the department receives from the school. (Under NCAA reporting rules, any additional money transferred to the school cannot be considered part of the department’s annual operating revenues or expenses.)

The NCAA and others consider student fees, direct and indirect institutional support and state money “allocated,” or everything not generated by the department’s athletics functions.

Percent allocated: Percent of revenues from allocated sources.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
And the AD will only be subsidized $30m instead of $40m
So at first, I thought this was sarcasm, but then I thought about the numbers. Even if football gets back to packing the Rent, we'd be talking about something like 20k more people, for 6 games @$25 per ticket, so $3M. Basketball is tougher to figure 1500 more people, for 9 games @$25 per ticket + 8500 more people, for 8 games @$25 per ticket or about @ $2M. So that would be @ $5M more for attendance.

NCAA credits would make some of more of the gap. Bowl revenue is essentially break even. So even your $10M seems optimistic. Where does the shortfall get made up absent a P5 invitation with its higher media deal?

If I'm off on the math or am missing something feel free to let me know, because the obvious conclusion from the foregoing is that our AD is unsustainable in the American, even if we get back to winning and that's a little depressing, though I guess not surprising.

Reaction Score
Do these numbers include any old Big East buyout money? That was tiered from what i recall and not all received at once.

Reaction Score
I
Do these numbers include any old Big East buyout money? That was tiered from what i recall and not all received at once.
m pretty sure that’s gone after this year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
BC, Pitt and Rutgers at the bottom - 59, 63, 64. Miami at 53.
As much as it pains me, BC football and basketball are looking up and both were “okay” at the same time last year for the first time in probably a decade.

Reaction Score
As much as it pains me, BC football and basketball are looking up and both were “okay” at the same time last year for the first time in probably a decade.
I always enjoyed the UConn - BC basketball rivalry (both men and women) during the Michael Adams years, the Bill Curley years, and the Jay Murphy years. The UConn women also had a rivalry with them during the Kathy Inglese years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom