19. Connecticut
20. New Mexico
21. Wisconsin
22. Notre Dame
23. UCLA
24. Indiana
25. Virginia

Other schools receiving votes:
Baylor 102; Colorado 93; Creighton 87; Iowa 86; Tennessee 73; Georgetown 38; Harvard 28; Pittsburgh 23; California 16; Boise State 11; Saint Louis 8; La Salle 7; Temple 4; Missouri 4; Villanova 4; Kansas State 3; LSU 2; Iowa State 2; Arizona State 2; Illinois 2; Georgia 1; UNLV 1.

caw

Reaction Score
New Mexico seems high. Indiana might be low

Reaction Score
If the Ville is number 3 and we are 19, that's a big drop off between the 1st and 2nd AAC team. We should be a bit higher

Reaction Score
We gotta take of business @ home vs Florida . Huge game

Reaction Score
Not sure how you can vote Kentucky 1 based on some freshmen. Last we saw them, Robert Morris was knocking them out of the NIT.

They may indeed turn out to be 1 a few weeks into the season, but let's let them earn it. I'd rather see Ville at 1 in the preseason.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt that Mich St will be good and a potential F4 team, but I don't see how their pieces make them #2 in the country.

Reaction Score
Granted this is a preseason poll and whatnot, but I'm a firm believer that the country is sleeping on this team.

Reaction Score
The Squid was taking about being undefeated with this class coming in- it is so hard to find anything to like about Uk.
They are almost a joke with the way they have set up their program. I will always "take" a NC or FF but it has to be less sweet when there is only one player on your team that saw PT that has been there for more then a year.

Reaction Score

Watching videos like that, I can never understand how sticks didn't make it. Out of the gym hops.

Reaction Score
Oh god, if the atmosphere for Florida gets anywhere close to where it was for Texas, there is no way UConn loses that game. Holy that game was awesome.

Reaction Score
Watching videos like that, I can never understand how sticks didn't make it. Out of the gym hops.

Sticks needed a little something else if I can recall; maybe assertiveness/aggressiveness.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Dyson might be my all time favorite dunker at UConn... Sticks 2nd, Tough Juice 3rd

Anyway the pre season ranking of #19 is a bit low but ... show and prove

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I love this ranking. They are still a top twenty team so they get exposure on the national scene. And if the team ends up accomplishing what many of us believe will happen, KO will get the respect we know he deserves!

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
19 is my favorite number EVER! Can't wait for the start of the season!

Reaction Score
I love this ranking. They are still a top twenty team so they get exposure on the national scene. And if the team ends up accomplishing what many of us believe will happen, KO will get the respect we know he deserves!

I agree here 100%. the casual fan may have written us off and others assume we will drift into obscurity - some (Syrapuke ) fans hope we do. Because of sanctions and transfers many didn't pay attention to the year we had last year and the job KO did with a great group of kids. IMO we have some stars on this team who will make national noise..

bottom line is the nation wont be sleeping on Husky nation next March bc we have, solid guard play, leadership (bazz), multiple scoring threats (kromah, DD, Bazz, and OC, boatshow), and a coach ready to make a statement!!

Despite all the conference changes and public sentiment on our future... I have never been more excited.

CANT WAIT!!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree here 100%. the casual fan may have written us off and others assume we will drift into obscurity - some (Syrapuke ) fans hope we do. Because of sanctions and transfers many didn't pay attention to the year we had last year and the job KO did with a great group of kids. IMO we have some stars on this team who will make national noise..

bottom line is the nation wont be sleeping on Husky nation next March bc we have, solid guard play, leadership (bazz), multiple scoring threats (kromah, DD, Bazz, and OC, boatshow), and a coach ready to make a statement!!

Despite all the conference changes and public sentiment on our future... I have never been more excited.

CANT WAIT!!!!
The underdog is a compelling story. UConn got badly hurt with CR and the NCAA's questionable actions over the past two seasons. Plus there was the retirement of a HOF coach. In spite of all this UConn has already recruited well this year. Any success this season will seal the ability to recruit in the future and put an end to the discussion of UConn's demise!

Fans are similar everywhere! Cuse fans are hoping UConn fades. Why? Because UConn leapfrogged over them in terms of national notoriety! They would like to jump ahead of UConn and their chances improve if UConn's program became irrelevant! If I were a betting man I would wager Cuse takes the downward spiral to irrelevancy, and not UConn, once their HOF coach leaves.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree bfair. I feel like when we were knocking the FF door. Hungry, chip on the shoulder. I suspect the guys feel the same way. I am very excited about the year!

Of course we are doomed! Just sayin'.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The underdog is a compelling story. UConn got badly hurt with CR and the NCAA's questionable actions over the past two seasons. Plus there was the retirement of a HOF coach. In spite of all this UConn has already recruited well this year. Any success this season will seal the ability to recruit in the future and put an end to the discussion of UConn's demise!

Fans are similar everywhere! Cuse fans are hoping UConn fades. Why? Because UConn leapfrogged over them in terms of national notoriety! They would like to jump ahead of UConn and their chances improve if UConn's program became irrelevant! If I were a betting man I would wager Cuse takes the downward spiral to irrelevancy, and not UConn, once their HOF coach leaves.
If not sooner.

I'm waiting....
I'm waiting for 18 seconds...
Pissed at Tom but I'm waiting....

...and post.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think #19 is out of line.

If you're a voter and you look at our front court, if you don't have questions, you're not paying attention - unless UConn can keep people off the offensive glass, 19 might even be optimistic.

The backcourt is great, the wings are very good - the front court needs to be merely competent for all this to work. If we get 'competent', we'll be all right - if we get better than that, if Nolan or Brimah break out, the sky is the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom