USA Today: Real travesty of Baylor's loss is it came in a matchup with UConn that should have been women's title game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA Today: Real travesty of Baylor's loss is it came in a matchup with UConn that should have been women's title game

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The question is, was this an intentional move to hurt UCONN's chance to advance? I usually scoff at conspiracy theories, this one has me scratching my folically challenged head.
I scoff at conspiracy theories as well, at least that's what I tell myself! But it bugs me less about BU being 7th overall than UConn being bumped from #1 overall without having done anything remotely wrong. I think I understand why, but still.

Reaction Score
I partially blame in on one of the many fallacies of fan (and coaches) thinking - that a play/call at the end of the game is somehow more important than any other play/call in a game. Demonstrably, it's not. Every play/call counts the same, no matter at what point in the game it occurs. So a missed foul call in the first quarter is just as important as one at the end of the game.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I scoff at conspiracy theories as well, at least that's what I tell myself! But it bugs me less about BU being 7th overall than UConn being bumped from #1 overall without having done anything remotely wrong. I think I understand why, but still.
I find a lot of what the women's committee has done to be a mystery. I don't doubt they would stumble all over themselves trying to answer your query, spouting nonsense. That said I would not trade places with Stanford at this point, we got through their trap game with Baylor. Do we now have a better match up with Az, it would appear so, we will know very soon. I look forward to the first game tomorrow almost as much as I look forward to our game

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I find a lot of what the women's committee has done to be a mystery. I don't doubt they would stumble all over themselves trying to answer your query, spouting nonsense. That said I would not trade places with Stanford at this point, we got through their trap game with Baylor. Do we now have a better match up with Az, it would appear so, we will know very soon. I look forward to the first game tomorrow almost as much as I look forward to our game
I'm quite confident of our ability to beat AZ even without Nika. I am way less confident we could beat Stanford without her. And I'd rather not have to play SCar without her. As I think you are saying, each of the teams in the other bracket are going to have to beat two very good teams to be champs. Probably that's the way it should be.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can understand the outrage of this being a Regional Final, but I find it insulting referring to this as "the real Championship Game." There's absolutely nothing that indicates to me Baylor is better than both Stanford and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
The article did back off a bit and added - or at least the final four. I don't think it was intended to be a knock on any of the final 4 participants but rather a knock on the seeding. Poorly worded perhaps, but to me it was the thought that counted.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I can understand the outrage of this being a Regional Final, but I find it insulting referring to this as "the real Championship Game." There's absolutely nothing that indicates to me Baylor is better than both Stanford and South CarolIna
In no way was this the real championship game, in paying respect to the Baylor team and reality it was in all respects to me a game worthy of what we would hope a championship game looks and feels like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom