USA Today Preview - Maryland #66 | The Boneyard

USA Today Preview - Maryland #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Interesting write-up particularly with reference to the Maryland defense - how well they did last year despite changing systems but also how much they lost in terms of personnel coming into this year.

Of course the true freshman linebacker / starting QB gets quite a bit of play too as well as the potential of Diggs. To call this a huge game for UConn this year is probably an understatement. At home, we absolutely need to beat Maryland.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lege-football-countdown-2013-preview/2486345/

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I expect them to be a lot better this year. Hoping the home field wins this one.

Reaction Score
Game is bigger than the Michigan game. No one really expects us to win the Michigan game but if we come away with this one and some momentum and even more buzz going into the Michigan game it betters our odds.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Game is bigger than the Michigan game. No one really expects us to win the Michigan game but if we come away with this one and some momentum and even more buzz going into the Michigan game it betters our odds.

Agree Maryland is a more winnable games. I don't agree it's bigger. A win against Michigan would have the whole nation talking about how we belong in a better conference, and assuming the rest of the season is good, bolsters recruiting for the next few critical seasons in an attempt to survive the AAC demotion.

Maryland gets us a low end bowl game and allows us to mock Edsall.

Two different sets of stakes. If I had to pick one, its the big M.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Beating MD sends a message to the Big Ten and the ACC. Mocking Edsall is a negative for us.

Reaction Score
Filling our 25,000 seat stadium, sends a message - not as much wins and losses. Elephant in the room.

Reaction Score
Filling our 25,000 seat stadium, sends a message - not as much wins and losses. Elephant in the room.

You have made multiple references over different post/threads about "our 25k seat stadium" - what's the point I'm missing?

Reaction Score
that I am being facetious.

The point is that if we do not do something to get people to come to games, then we go nowhere no matter how many times we beat MD or MI.

Reaction Score

You have made multiple references over different post/threads about "our 25k seat stadium" - what's the point I'm missing?

that I am being facetious. The point is that if we do not do something to get people to come to games, then we go nowhere no matter how many times we beat MD or MI.

Let me try again -- I don't get the 25k seat reference?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
He thinks we can't fill a 25k seat stadium.because he thinks got less than 25k per game last year with sh!tty team and a s#itty home schedule.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Rich1122 is correct. We need to fill the stadium and be there by kickoff. When those TV sets (or laptops) go on, if we look anything like we did at kickoff vs NCSt, we have no one else to blame for our fate. No one in TV land will be touting our tailgating--" Wow Jim, it's such an awesome tailgate atmosphere here at UConn that fans don't want to get into their seats till the first quarter is half over"! They'll be saying "look at all those empty seats! Isn't this the same program that was recently whining about being left behind?"

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im going to count the # for the memphis game with cherrios. only bringing one box.

Reaction Score
Interesting write-up particularly with reference to the Maryland defense - how well they did last year despite changing systems but also how much they lost in terms of personnel coming into this year.

Of course the true freshman linebacker / starting QB gets quite a bit of play too as well as the potential of Diggs. To call this a huge game for UConn this year is probably an understatement. At home, we absolutely need to beat Maryland.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/07/03/maryland-college-football-countdown-2013-preview/2486345/[/quote]

Might have a hole to fill @ RB... needs to play out first though (The University of Maryland has suspended Brown, and he is not permitted to participate in any athletic-related activities).

Maryland Running Back Wes Brown Arrested for 2nd Degree Assault, Theft and Illegal Use of a Wiretap

Maryland RB Wes Brown arrested for assault, theft and wiretapping

Reaction Score
Maryland's QB situation is very much up in the air with their top 4 recovering from ACL surgeries, this could give us an advantage when we play them because they may not be 100% healed in early September. CJ Brown's best weapon was his running ability and he has probably lost a step and he may be tentative on the leg so early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom