USA Today HS All Americans | The Boneyard

USA Today HS All Americans

Reaction Score
Ha! The second coming of DT did not even make the all first team in high school.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Ha! The second coming of DT did not even make the all first team in high school.

And Pheesa wasn’t a finalist for POY.

Awards are nice, but what you do on the court is your true legacy. I’ll think Pheesa would rather be playing tomorrow than at home with a POY trophy.

I’m sure Paige will survive and carry on unphased.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
POY: Fudd (sophomore)

1st team: Jones, Belibi, Reese, Horston, Van Lith

2nd team: Baldwin, Bell, Bueckers, Oliver, Jackson

3rd team: Clark, Cooke, Love, Prechtel, Rivers

HM: Holmes, Gordon, Green, Miller, Owusu

No Boston or Griffin.

Reaction Score
And Pheesa wasn’t a finalist for POY.

Awards are nice, but what you do on the court is your true legacy. I’ll think Pheesa would rather be playing tomorrow than at home with a POY trophy.

I’m sure Paige will survive and carry on unphased.

I know.... still seems weird that the consensus #1 player of 2020 class is picked behind another PG in the same class :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
POY: Fudd (sophomore)

1st team: Jones, Belibi, Reese, Horston, Van Lith

2nd team: Baldwin, Bell, Bueckers, Oliver, Jackson

3rd team: Clark, Cooke, Love, Prechtel, Rivers

HM: Holmes, Gordon, Green, Miller, Owusu

No Boston or Griffin.
Pretty interesting. I thought Boston looked much better than Prechtel and Baldwin. Interesting teams.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Pretty interesting. I thought Boston looked much better than Prechtel and Baldwin. Interesting teams.
Prechtel is recovering from a broken hand and it wasn't clear whether she'd even play. She was wearing a brace and her ball handling was noticeably shaky - I suspect that is part of the reason why she didn't look especially impressive. But yeah, Boston should definitely be on there somewhere.

Reaction Score
Prechtel is recovering from a broken hand and it wasn't clear whether she'd even play. She was wearing a brace and her ball handling was noticeably shaky - I suspect that is part of the reason why she didn't look especially impressive. But yeah, Boston should definitely be on there somewhere.
You could tell a bit. Her shot was a little off. She missed a mid range shot pretty badly, and I had always known her to be a pretty darn good shooter for 6’5”.

Reaction Score
No Boston or Beal are head scratchers. Not sure of the criteria for these teams but both should have at least been mentioned IMO.
I think Boston is a surprise, but Beal goes either way. Certainly not someone I would have instantly thought about being on it.

Reaction Score
I think Boston is a surprise, but Beal goes either way. Certainly not someone I would have instantly thought about being on it.

She averaged 25 points and 15 rpg and was name a WBCA All American so she is certainly someone I expected to see on a list like this.

Reaction Score
She averaged 25 points and 15 rpg and was name a WBCA All American so she is certainly someone I expected to see on a list like this.
Oregon State’s Taylor Jones had a slightly better stat line than Beal, and she didn’t make it either. Aubrey Griffin also had a very impressive stat line and she didn’t make it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige will use this slight to good affect. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I believe USA Today just goes by how they did in their High School season. Not a ratings list. Not looking at AAU or anything like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom