USA Today hands out grades for every team | The Boneyard

USA Today hands out grades for every team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll take it and agree. Season was better than expected and a lot of pieces returning next year. Gives optimism going forward. Not unreasonable to expect 8+ wins next year.

Reaction Score
A "B" for a losing record(6-7)? I'd give UConn a "C" for winning four more games than the previous season and barely making a bowl game(that was played in the worst possible time slot) but the offensive scoring was so poor that I can't understand anyone giving them anything higher.

Reaction Score
C- Bowls can be weird so I don't weigh them as much as the regular season but 6-6 is a straight C. The well below average offense brings the minus.

Reaction Score
C- Bowls can be weird so I don't weigh them as much as the regular season but 6-6 is a straight C. The well below average offense brings the minus.
Was going to grade them the same but they did have the win vs #8 Houston.

Reaction Score
C+ or B- is reasonable. Could have been worse, could have been better.

A couple of plays against Missouri and Marshall and we're 8-5 and a solid B+.

The B makes sense from USA today because the expectations were in the cellar.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Team won 4 more games than the year before, and the roster is still a mess. Beat Houston and did not lose to a single team worse than us. No idea how you could give the season less than a B.

Not sure how you identify a team that is "worse" than us but you might make an argument for Missouri. That being said, this team didn't just improve over last year, they also over-delivered on what were very modest expectations. Myerberg said in his preamble that it wasn't just about W-L record.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think we need to destroy that Civil Conflict Trophy. The media and bloggers were right: you can't have a rivalry when games are uncompetitive.

The kids love it though. I think that has to count for something.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The big picture is how people outside of UConn fans see UConn and the program as a whole.

I agree with the B if only for beating Houston who ended up in the top 10.

Reaction Score
Make a list of the teams that went from 2 to 6 wins. Then compare their schedule to ours. A "B" is a reasonable grade for last season.

Reaction Score
Based on expectation going into season and where arrow is pointing "B" is a fair grade. We were coming off a 2 win season with concerns about our coach and heading into this year with a decent defense but with new QB and young offense with only one senior and seven sophomore starters.

Expectation for most was probably 4 wins, with some improvement with some bumps on road and offense to have growing pains, especially on road as most teams with a young offense do. Ended up with six wins, coaching was better, defense did well for most part and offense had some improvements but struggled on road as averaged 382 yards per game at home (over 300 yards every game) vs 254 on road (only over 300 yards once against UCF).

Going into next year, expect defense to be probably be as good or better with another year in system and expect offense to improve, especially on road as now have experience and another offseason under Balis, also expect the coaching staff to maybe open up the playbook just a little more. Long way to go but overall have to be happy with six wins and future looks brighter than it has been for awhile.

Reaction Score
I give them a D++ and extra credit for great improvement over the previous 4 years.

A+++, Win AAC Championship Game and Win National Championship
A++, Win AAC Championship Game and Make (and Lose) College Football Playoffs
A+, Win AAC Championship Game and Win New Year’s Six Bowl Game
A, Win AAC Championship Game and Lose New Year’s Six Bowl Game
A-, Win AAC Championship Game and Win Secondary Bowl Game
A--, Win AAC Championship Game and Lose Secondary Bowl Game

B+++, Make (and Lose) AAC Championship Game and Win Secondary Bowl Game
B++, Make (and Lose) AAC Championship Game and Lose Secondary Bowl Game
B+, Win 10+ Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game
B, Win 10+ Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game
B-, Win 9 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game

C+++, Win 9 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game
C++, Win 8 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game
C+, Win 8 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game
C, Win 7 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game
C-, Win 7 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game

D+++, Win 6 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game
D++, Win 6 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game
D+, Win 6 Games and No Bowl Game
D, Win 5 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game
D-, Win 5 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game

F – Win 5 or Fewer Games and No Bowl Game

Reaction Score
EJHarrington said:
I give them a D++ and extra credit for great improvement over the previous 4 years. A+++, Win AAC Championship Game and Win National Championship A++, Win AAC Championship Game and Make (and Lose) College Football Playoffs A+, Win AAC Championship Game and Win New Year’s Six Bowl Game A, Win AAC Championship Game and Lose New Year’s Six Bowl Game A-, Win AAC Championship Game and Win Secondary Bowl Game A--, Win AAC Championship Game and Lose Secondary Bowl Game B+++, Make (and Lose) AAC Championship Game and Win Secondary Bowl Game B++, Make (and Lose) AAC Championship Game and Lose Secondary Bowl Game B+, Win 10+ Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game B, Win 10+ Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game B-, Win 9 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game C+++, Win 9 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game C++, Win 8 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game C+, Win 8 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game C, Win 7 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game C-, Win 7 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game D+++, Win 6 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game D++, Win 6 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game D+, Win 6 Games and No Bowl Game D, Win 5 Games and Win Secondary Bowl Game D-, Win 5 Games and Lose Secondary Bowl Game F – Win 5 or Fewer Games and No Bowl Game

Was that really worth it?

Reaction Score
A "B" for a losing record(6-7)? I'd give UConn a "C" for winning four more games than the previous season and barely making a bowl game(that was played in the worst possible time slot) but the offensive scoring was so poor that I can't understand anyone giving them anything higher.

Is that you Paul Pasqualoni?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul