4. Ville
9. UConn
11. Marquette
14. Pitt
21. Georgetown

24. Harvard

Reaction Score
Egg - sell - int.

I love the fact that we'll be playing LVille and Cuse as underdogs.

Reaction Score
yea but mike k is the coack at duke.

Duke got smoked, dropped 1 spot, and got their coach named Sportsman of the Year. I know the third of those has nothing to do with the other 2, but it still seems fitting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the pac is such a bad bball league that big east football feels good

Reaction Score
The way we have been playing I am happy to still be in the top 10. We could easily dropped another game and would be somewhere in Pitt (scum) land in the high teens. Not that it matters but it does show that people still realize we have the ability to continue to improve.

Reaction Score
I thought last year was a good coaching job by Calhoun and company. This year could be even harder. Sooooooooo much talent, all needing to improve through working on their skills in practice but also in games, yet only so many minutes and need to win games. Need to be able to play Bazz and Boat less than 30 minutes each and get enough minutes for all the up front guys yet also feature Lamb and develop the "closer(s)". Sometimes having so many choices makes picking (and developing) the best choice harder.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
About time Vandy got kicked out of the top 25. They are just like Gonzaga; always get hyped and ranked in the preseason, then never accomplish anything when it matters. I wonder how Dookie V likes that.

It's kind of sad thinking of how poorly the second-tier teams (Nova, ND, WVU, Cincinnati) have been playing this year

Reaction Score
I thought last year was a good coaching job by Calhoun and company. This year could be even harder. Sooooooooo much talent, all needing to improve through working on their skills in practice but also in games, yet only so many minutes and need to win games. Need to be able to play Bazz and Boat less than 30 minutes each and get enough minutes for all the up front guys yet also feature Lamb and develop the "closer(s)". Sometimes having so many choices makes picking (and developing) the best choice harder.

One of the two needs to play over 30 minutes and given how they play together and how the team plays when they're out there you could say you want both of them to play over 30 miuntes.

Reaction Score
Uh, why in the hell did Xavier jump UConn when neither team lost?

I don't actually give a ****, but that type of thing would never happen to a certain few teams.

Reaction Score
One of the two needs to play over 30 minutes and given how they play together and how the team plays when they're out there you could say you want both of them to play over 30 miuntes.

I think we're going to see a rotation at the 1/2 of Napier, Boat, Lamb. I don't see anyone else cracking that rotation except maybe Allen or Giffey in mop-up time. Divided equally thats about 27 minutes per game. However, the three guard lineup has been productive so now you are dividing up 120 minutes. Daniels is going to end up getting some decent minutes and probably Roscoe as well. Giffey may have made a case for some spot duty.

My guess is that 2 of the 3 average more than 30 minutes a game and probably closer to 35 with the third getting 25-30.

Reaction Score

I don't actually give a ****, but that type of thing would never happen to a certain few teams.
I think its stupid too. They needed a frantic comeback to beat a middling Purdue team.

Reaction Score
Giffey is going to see some (very) occasional minutes at the 2, but like you said, 99% of the minutes at those two spots will go to Shabazz, Lamb, and Boatright.

The two forward positions are where things really need to sort themselves out. Right now Daniels, Roscoe, and Oriakhi (and to a lesser extent Giffey) seem to be either learning or adjusting to their new roles, but I have no doubt this will all sort itself out in the next month or so.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Duke got smoked, dropped 1 spot, and got their coach named Sportsman of the Year. I know the third of those has nothing to do with the other 2, but it still seems fitting.
Still it makes you wonder what he might have been named if they actually had won.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

DUH, it's because they beat (now unranked, mind you) Vandy (had to take it to overtime) and then came from behind to bet PURDUE

How does that NOT earn you a #8 ranking?

On a serious note, I secretly love when teams from bad conferences start out by beating nobody and managing to stay undefeated for a little while and get a top 10 ranking. Then when they play a team from a real conference, they buckle. Read: 2010-2011 SDSU

Of course, the toughest opponents Xavier has this season are Gonzaga and Memphis; so you should get used to Xavier's high ranking.

Reaction Score
what were we ranked at the beginning of last year? rankings are mean about as much as who can eat the most wings. its cool and you have bragging rights but at the end of the day your just a fat piece of sh#t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom