USA Today/Coaches Poll out for this week | The Boneyard

USA Today/Coaches Poll out for this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's interesting. If I'm voting I'd put ND ahead of us. It's just a snap shot not the whole movie.

Reaction Score
Coaches are way smarter. ;)
But do they have the spare time to actually view or get to know the teams the are voting for. They might know the teams they scout or that are in their conference. For most of the other teams they probably get their information second hand from the media like everyone else. Then you also have to factor in sectional and conference bias, so I am not that convinced that they are even as capable of evaluations as most people give them credit for.

Reaction Score
I would disagree, but they do have UNC @ #19 ... while the AP has them @ #11
I agree with that observation - how many UNC wins were games against the likes of Whatsamatta U., and Elon School for Those Who Can't Get In Anywhere Else?

Reaction Score
That's interesting. If I'm voting I'd put ND ahead of us. It's just a snap shot not the whole movie.
I would go back to the game I believe on Feb 2 2000 when Tennessee beat UCONN by a single point in Storrs. There was no change in the polls.... even though Kara Lawson ran around saying "We're # 1"

That said, it was a one point loss, we had one of our players on the bench who could not play due to injury. I could easily see them as #2 instead of 3.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I tried everything including the Louisville stations; everything blacked out. Must be a new deal with the networks; no radio competition, really nuts. Gametracker is the best I can do

Reaction Score
I tried everything including the Louisville stations; everything blacked out. Must be a new deal with the networks; no radio competition, really nuts. Gametracker is the best I can do
Gaudeamus non sequitur, msf22b. The topic of this thread is the USA Today poll.

Look before you click!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32