USA today article---great read on lamb | The Boneyard

USA today article---great read on lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Being compared to Kerry Kittles is not a bad thing.

Reaction Score
"But when no team could offer a guarantee he would be taken in the first round, Lamb met with his parents and decided to return to UConn."

Lucky for us a lot of teams at the bottom of the first round didn't need to fill a SG spot. :)

Reaction Score
I wonder after his stellar play for the USA Basketball team, that some of those teams wished they had.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is the third variation about Jeremy and the NBA. The first group of articles I read was that Jeremy had no intent of going to the NBA. The second group of articles stated Jeremy had conversations with his family and JC and they convinced him of returning. And now this article states he had no guarantees of being first round.

I expect the next group of articles will state he was a first rounder guaranteed, but not a lottery pick which is why he returned.

Is this a case of the story getting embellished or were the first stories inaccurate?

Reaction Score
Yea its hard to get a read of what actually went on, JC said that he had heard Lamb could've went as high as to the Knicks with their pick which was in the teens. I doubt Lamb woud've slipped in the 2nd round.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, the article wasn't in the print version I read today.

And if you thought it was a great read, you can catch a new UConn article almost every day by the same author on Scout UConn site.

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure, Lamb is a TOTALLY different player than he was a year ago. He will be a bona fide star this season and we should enjoy his play while we can.

Reaction Score
Seeing Lamb play live in the GHPA this summer made me think he's going to be an absolute star this year. Granted, defense isn't a priority in the summer leagues, but Lamb can do things with a basketball that not many others can.

As good as he was down the stretch last year, he'll be even better this year. It wouldn't surprise me if he came close to Kemba scoring numbers this season. He'll be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom