USA team today looked tired and weary, but still wins | The Boneyard

USA team today looked tired and weary, but still wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very tough to put together 14 players in 30 days and make them look good for 40 minutes.....The Gold metal game will be a good test of 5 games in 5 days...What a joke and too much on these players......Now, they have 24+ hours to wait for maybe, Canada???.......Mo and Stewie need help.......

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Agreed. Not impressed with this team. Tuck would have been a big help, as would really any other guard. Hell, I would have taken Dangerfield after seeing how the other guards on this team are doing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Agreed. Not impressed with this team. Tuck would have been a big help, as would really any other guard. Hell, I would have taken Dangerfield after seeing how the other guards on this team are doing.

Dangerfield is right were she belongs... on the U-19 team.

HGN

Reaction Score
Team looked very listless and unfocused. Could be tired or bored. Blessed to have won the game.

Let's all hope for one more Win and Blessing in the title game.

Reaction Score
With Geno in the crowd, maybe, he can help the USA team?...........

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The Gold metal game will be a good test of 5 games in 5 days.

Ahem.

Weary in the title (not weiry) and Gold medal, not metal. Or mettle.

And BTW, gold is a noun modifying medal (like car wash or women candidates, among many everyday examples. So how does a noun do the work of an adjective?

In grammatical terminology, the modifier in these instances is an attributive noun. Got it? Now challenge some nerdy wise-ass scholar and beat him or her out of a beer on a bar bet (n.b., "bar" is the attributive noun).;)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Dangerfield is right were she belongs... on the U-19 team.
I know she is, I was being a bit hyperbolic. I just can't believe they couldn't get better guards than they chose. Lindsey Allen?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I know she is, I was being a bit hyperbolic. I just can't believe they couldn't get better guards than they chose. Lindsey Allen?

I believe Allen declined an invitation to tryout. And yes, a steady hand like Allen to back up Jefferson would have suited this team quite well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't think she made herself available.

Reaction Score
Ahem.

Weary in the title (not weiry) and Gold medal, not metal. Or mettle.

And BTW, gold is a noun modifying medal (like car wash or women candidates, among many everyday examples. So how does a noun do the work of an adjective?

In grammatical terminology, the modifier in these instances is an attributive noun. Got it? Now challenge some nerdy wise-ass scholar and beat him or her out of a beer on a bar bet (n.b., "bar" is the attributive noun).;)

Attributed to whom? If the medal is metal then it surely is the gold metal round, only if you are on your mettle. Get it , got , good!! ?? This whole thing makes me wirey, stressed and weary and surprisingly dreary, but merry thinking of the berry but not Wallace. Think that one over!! However where is gerund?

Reaction Score
I couldn't find it in the stat sheet but does anyone know how many tackles or take downs Cuba had?

That stat is not allowed anymore than the ball carries by Cuba, the traveling (they only got 5 steps to the basket) anymore than the multiple offensive fouls the heavier center for Cuber (Kennedy) committed under the boards. Uconn, I mean USA for most of the first 2 quarters (is that still one half?) sat Stewie. Cuba out rebounded USA, equal percentages USA only 1 3ball out of 11(?), 21 turnovers by USA seemed to say USA was brain tired as well as body tired. Poor Jefferson ran herself ragged, and tuckered, trying to save this from being a rout--I'll be a very happy camper when Stewie and Moriah stop playing Pan AM and get rested and recovered!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Lexie Brown must have performed poorly not to make either the PAN Am or World University team.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum coming off an injury shouldn't have been on this team, and the guard from Villanova is lost against this level of competition.

Reaction Score
Very tough to put together 14 players in 30 days and make them look good for 40 minutes.....The Gold metal game will be a good test of 5 games in 5 days...What a joke and too much on these players.Now, they have 24+ hours to wait for maybe, Canada???..Mo and Stewie need help..
Who ever put this team together needs to take a 10 year vacation. Two players tried to carry 12 other players to a championship and almost did. Muffet must be wondering what will happen this season if Reimer plays as she did in the Pan Am. At times, in games prior to the Gold Medal, I wondered what motivated Reimer, Coates and others --it looked like their heads were somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom