USA scrimmaging Canada in Bridgeport today | The Boneyard

USA scrimmaging Canada in Bridgeport today

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
and Altavilla, Adamec, Elliott, Doug Feinberg and Fuller are there.

Sounds like scrimmage is about to get underway. Sue, Tina and Maya starting for USA.

The players from the WNBA finals who will be vying for spots on roster will meet the team in Paris. That's not to say all of those players will be in Paris

Here's a video interview of Canada's coach on Kia Nurse:

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller · 35m
Canadian national team Lisa Thomaidis talks about UConn freshman Kia Nurse http://www.tout.com/m/srwqb6?ref=twqu05gk…

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Rats! I don't know all these twitter handles of the players except the obvious ones...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So, scrimmage done. First round of cuts will likely occur in advance of game tomorrow night.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 1m
Looks like the @usabasketball team is going to make five cuts before Monday's game with Canada to get down to 12 #uconnwomen

John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 1m
Hard to say whether Stefanie Dolson or Bria Hartley will make it, but it seems like Breanna Stewart will @usabasketball

John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 16s
Geno Auriemma says @usabasketball still try to gauge how the health of Griner, Delle Donne and Fowles will ultimately play out

I sort of expected Bria not to make the cut early on and Stef as well, but I am thinking that they will keep Stef for a more evaluation especially with the status of Griner's eye - although she may be good to go soon - and Fowles...I know she had a tough summer, but I don't know that she sustained further injury in the WNBA tourney.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
any feedback on who played well in the scrimmage? especially among those not considered a lock for the squad?

Reaction Score
Hope to see a boxscore. Kudos to whomever can produce one!

Reaction Score
Hope to see a boxscore. Kudos to whomever can produce one!

I seemed to me the USA basketball site was the most likely place to find a boxscore, if one existed. No joy. The site, though, was shockingly easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom