USA loses again | The Boneyard

USA loses again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Drops second straight to USK Prague. Tina with 28 pts.

LINK

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Really shows the World has caught up to USA in Women's basketball and USA has to send their best team in Future European Competitions. Also IMHO Team USA needs to form the team earlier and get in a months practice before the Olympics.. Yes, I realize this is an incomplete USA team.

Reaction Score
Really shows the World has caught up to USA in Women's basketball and USA has to send their best team in Future European Competitions. Also IMHO Team USA needs to form the team earlier and get in a months practice before the Olympics.. Yes, I realize this is an incomplete USA team.

They also aren't losing to national teams right now. They are losing to some of the best club teams in the world. Tougher competition. These losses shouldn't lead to grand conclusions about the state of basketball in U.S. and Europe.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Yes, I realize this is an incomplete USA team."

It ain't time yet. Most of the USA players are just coming out of the WNBA playoffs and they haven't had a whole lot of time to gel as a team. Some players aren't even there. Wait until the Olympics before coming to any conclusions about the state of women's basketball in the US.

My prediction - USA Gold

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Players NOT with Geno include:

Bird
Taurasi
Fowles
Augustus
Parker
McCaughtry
Catchings
Moore

The full squad is much deeper and better than the 7-player team.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
It shows that this USA team is clearly not very representative of the team that will dominate the Olympics next year. It shows that a backcourt of Renee, Robinson and Cappie has much less experience on the international stage than Sue, Diana and Whelan. There is no boxscore as I write this but from the comments the game was lost due to turnovers in the third quarter, and that is usually due to poor guard play.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Players NOT with Geno include:

Bird
Taurasi
Fowles
Augustus
Parker
McCaughtry
Catchings
Moore

The full squad is much deeper and better than the 7-player team.
You left off Whalen.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Three reasons we did not win:
sue maya diana.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors