USA just trounced Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA just trounced Louisville

Reaction Score
Actually, if you catch Geno's comments on Sabrina in his pregame presser, he was of course extremely complementary and clearly loves her game and spirit but when he commented on her future, he said

" She will have an interesting career after college" which I thought very strange language.

Please help me interpret BY. :)
By By I meant like a Dionne Warwick song Walk on BY to proceed past something. In basketball terms to dribble penetrate BY a defender to create a shot for themselves or others.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was in Tenerife at the 2018 World Cup and Plum looked terrified every time she was on the court. The pressure at the Olympics will be even greater.

BTW, Stewie looked that way in Istanbul but she was still a college player.
Even A'ja Wilson struggled in the medal round in Tenerife.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Her recent play has been great on both ends but she can enter into dreadful periods where she cant
hit anything. Still, I think she should make it as a reserve guard.

Her entire 2019 WNBA season was a struggle, but as soon as the playoffs started she was fantastic. I think Laimbeer misused her the whole year and then suddenly the light bulb went on for him. She's not a spot up shooting 2, she needs to have the ball in her hands to create for herself and others.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Her entire 2019 WNBA season was a struggle, but as soon as the playoffs started she was fantastic. I think Laimbeer misused her the whole year and then suddenly the light bulb went on for him. She's not a spot up shooting 2, she needs to have the ball in her hands to create for herself and others.

I agree with you, having spent a lot of time watching Aces games. Plum and K-Mac were frequently in the UConn and Louisville games at the same time and the two were very much on the same wavelength. Plum knew where K-Mac was going to go and when to deliver the pass (exactly) so Kayla could step into her jumper or lay-up. Pretty sequences.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I found it interesting that when the team made it's run in the second and fourth Quarters they split screen focused away from the game an unto a couple coaches talking and waving their arms in the air while the commentators ask them questions about how good Bird and DT were and away from how good the team was playing without either of them on the floor. Since when is it necessary to watch a commentator during a game when action is in process.

Yeah the split screen was really annoying, as well as the lack of focus on the game.
It kind of makes you wonder if a coach is even necessary for the National Team, since they went on a big run while the coach obviously wasn't doing any coaching at all.

This is done in the NBA all the time, at the beginning of the second and fourth quarters. And no one would suggest that a coach is not necessary in the NBA.

Reaction Score
This is done in the NBA all the time, at the beginning of the second and fourth quarters. And no one would suggest that a coach is not necessary in the NBA.
Yes but not for the length of time they did it in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom