USA Hockey... | The Boneyard

USA Hockey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just turned on NBC Sports. It's pre-game skate USA vs. Russia. Got to say it: Love the team's uniforms. Simple, with old style Shield logo, & of course National Flag Blue with Red & White trim. Go Team USA!

Reaction Score
Awesome game. What an advantage to have Oshie be able to take all the shots in the shootout. Kid is incredible.

Reaction Score
Listening to Russki whining on a Russian TV broadcast made our US victory all the better. Ha, spokoynoy nochi russiya (good night Russia)!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
tumblr_lj9hxvsWPZ1qdfk9yo1_400.jpg

Reaction Score
Awesome game. What an advantage to have Oshie be able to take all the shots in the shootout. Kid is incredible.
Phenomenal....he said in the postgame interview that he was running out of moves. Would have been interested to see who would have gone next. If there was one more round, I think they would have needed to try someone else.

Reaction Score
That was as good a hockey game as I have seen in a LONG time. Physical, kating, goaltending, playmaking, hitting..it was a total game.

Reaction Score
That was as good a hockey game as I have seen in a LONG time. Physical, kating, goaltending, playmaking, hitting..it was a total game.

And three CT guys. Pacioretti (New Canaan), Skattenkirk (Born in Greenwich, went to Brunswick) and Quick (Milford). Just as amazing? They all played "travel" for the Mid-Fairfield Youth Hockey Blues.

In my wildest dreams, as an old rink rat, I never thought I'd see more CT than Mass players (probably an aberration) on a National Team. Additionally, there are at least three Fairfield County (Stamford, Westport, Greenwich) players skating with the US Hockey Developmental Program. The Stamford guy is Ryan Haggerty (Roger's kid for old-time Stamford folks), who plays for RPI. Mike Paliotti, who plays for Vermont, is from Westport. The Greenwich guy plays for Yale. A present Mid-Fairfield parent believes all three skated for MFYH, as well. That may/may not be true, but MFYH has become a national travel program. Bills itself as the "only Tier I Youth Hockey Program in CT."

Can CAV start recruiting kids when they're Squirts?:D

Reaction Score
Before Johnny Geaudreau from BC went on a tear Haggerty lead was the leading goal scorer in D-1. Another Fairfield County kid soon to appear in HE is UNH bound forward Jason Kalinowski from Stamford currently playing for the Cedar Rapids Rough Riders in the USHL after spending time at Kent.

And three CT guys. Pacioretti (New Canaan), Skattenkirk (Born in Greenwich, went to Brunswick) and Quick (Milford). Just as amazing? They all played "travel" for the Mid-Fairfield Youth Hockey Blues.

In my wildest dreams, as an old rink rat, I never thought I'd see more CT than Mass players (probably an aberration) on a National Team. Additionally, there are at least three Fairfield County (Stamford, Westport, Greenwich) players skating with the US Hockey Developmental Program. The Stamford guy is Ryan Haggerty (Roger's kid for old-time Stamford folks), who plays for RPI. Mike Paliotti, who plays for Vermont, is from Westport. The Greenwich guy plays for Yale. A present Mid-Fairfield parent believes all three skated for MFYH, as well. That may/may not be true, but MFYH has become a national travel program. Bills itself as the "only Tier I Youth Hockey Program in CT."

Can CAV start recruiting kids when they're Squirts?:D

Reaction Score
Great to see in general that a lot of these guys performing so well for Team USA are NCAA alums and not Canadian Junior guys.

Reaction Score
Quick Is from Hamden, played Hamden youth hockey and a few seasons for the high school before finishing at Avon Old Farms. Unfortunately, UCONN's upgrade was years away and Quick ended up at umess.

Reaction Score
Quick wasn't highly recruited either coming out of high school, and even while at UMass wasn't considered one of the top two or three goalies in the league - though still performed very well. He's the kind of guy that UConn can cash in on in the next few years to build the program, the under the radar types that Calhoun was known for snagging. That said, no one in their right mind could foresee Quick turning into essentially one of the top two or three goaltenders in the world. A great story for him and great to see a local guy who went the college route being that successful.

Reaction Score
Miller is in net this morning against Slovinia, 1-0 USA after a Kessel goal.

Reaction Score
The line of Kessel/Pavelski/Van Reimsdyke could be the USA's best line.

Reaction Score
Team playing with a lot of energy early. Already up 2-0 & we're not even at the 10 minute mark of the first period.

Reaction Score
Miller is in net this morning against Slovinia, 1-0 USA after a Kessel goal.
Miller played well in the first period, got peppered with some difficult shots & made some great saves.

Reaction Score
Quick Is from Hamden, played Hamden youth hockey and a few seasons for the high school before finishing at Avon Old Farms. Unfortunately, UCONN's upgrade was years away and Quick ended up at umess.

Must of left Hamden for Mid-Fairfield. We always kidded about MFYH being "poachers." In reality, the program was so damned expensive that poaching wasn't an issue. Anyway, from the Greenwich Time.

"Behind Shattenkirk, as the last line of defense, will likely be Quick, the favorite to start in goal. The Conn Smythe winner hails from the same youth program, the Mid-Fairfield Blues, as Shattenkirk and Pacioretty."

"Johnny was a little older, but he was the one you always heard about coming from the area. He was the guy," Shattenkirk said. "The past, probably four summers or so, I've started to train with him and skate with him. We've become good friends."
"

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
USA is tied with Canada at the first intermission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom