USA Basketball Wins 1st Exhibition game 77-48 | The Boneyard

USA Basketball Wins 1st Exhibition game 77-48

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Cappie had a good game as well, good to see that.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Despite having only a smallish group over there right now, they've got great talent and balance at all positions..... they should be able to handle just about anybody :cool:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if CD (the Elder) is over there working with Griner? I know she did at the last training camp but haven't read anything about this trip.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's the boxscore from the game: http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/national/11_wnt_exh_01_box.html

A couple of familiar names played for the Italian team.

Also, here's a link to quotes from Geno, Cappie, Brittney, Tina and Sophia Young (love her comments on playing for the USA for the first time): http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/national/11_wnt_exh_01_quotes.html

Of course, there's Geno being Geno:

I think that Brittney and Sophia Young, as their first time playing USA Basketball, were a little bit nervous going in, didn’t know what to expect. But, once you start playing, basketball is basketball and I think their instincts took over. Even when Brittney doesn’t know what she’s doing out there, she impacts the game because everyone’s looking to see where she is. Once she starts to figure out why she’s doing what she’s doing. She’s just gonna be … I heard one of the other guys from the Italian contingent tell me that she could dominate women’s basketball for the next 10 years. Personally, I hope that starts two years from now (laughs).

Not next year?
Well, here and there. I want her to dominate international basketball, I don’t want her to dominate college basketball yet. (laughs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom