23/61 FG [37.7%] -----25/68 [36.8%]
44 rebounds --------- 28
19 turnovers -------- 11
8 assists ------------- 11

19 Turnovers to 11....ouch!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stat of the game is Shante Evans 0-11 shooting and all were 2 point shot attempts.

Also Puerto Rico's guards were the stars of the game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I was the one who posted that no Argentina player is taller than 6'0". (If you click on a player's name in the boxscore it will give you her height.) I mentioned that information as a possible explanation for why Sykes didn't play against Argentina. Sykes lacks foot-speed and I thought the perimeter players for Argentina would have been tough for her to guard.

Here's the boxscore for the game last night against PR which did have players taller than 6'0".
http://info.guadalajara2011.org.mx/ENG/BK/BKR173A_BKW40040090100003ENG.htm
Thanks Cat. Didn't see that post. They still have Stewart listed at 6'7".

Reaction Score
While dissapointed with the Results for our womens Pan American Team,incredibly excited about Breanna. She is going to be an immediate impact player in 2012. We are losing only Tiffany to graduation while adding B,MO, and Tuck. Barring injuries, I would not be at all surprised for us to enter the 2012 season as ranked #1. The talent and depth for 2012 will be remarkable..
2012 will have SRs CD,Faris,and Buck,JRs Bria,Dolson, Johnson,and Engelin,SOs KLM,Banks,and Stokes,and the #1 FR class of B,MO,and Tuck. WOW:p
The recruits for 2013 are REALLY going to want to compete and be Huskies! SRs will be Bria,Dolson,Johnson,and Engelin,JRs KLM,Banks,and Stokes,SOs B,MO, and Tuck. With offers to #3* DD <has been teammates with 5 CT members of the USA 19 Gold Medal Team and 2 others who were close to being members MO and Stokes along with fellow GA High School Star Banks>, #4 Reimer<USA 16 Gold Medal winner>will they want to be Huskies? Mutual interest with fellow USA 16 teammates #9 Tucker, #15 Mavunga, along with Samuelson. Add the curious results of Coach CD going to the high school of #1 Mercedes Russell. You have to wonder how 2013 recruiting will ultimately play out with an already incredibly talented returning team. The potential results are mind boggling however that plays out.

Reaction Score
I do not understand the way USA Basketball picked the players for the Pan American Games. The other countries used their national teams, including professionals, while USA Basketball limited themselves to 2nd tier college players and a high school player. Why didn't USA basketball use professional players? It would have been easier, schedule-wise, to get them, and they would have been matched against the national teams of the other countries. I have not seen any reasonable explanation for the way they did it. It looks like someone dropped the ball.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I do not understand the way USA Basketball picked the players for the Pan American Games. The other countries used their national teams, including professionals, while USA Basketball limited themselves to 2nd tier college players and a high school player. Why didn't USA basketball use professional players? It would have been easier, schedule-wise, to get them, and they would have been matched against the national teams of the other countries. I have not seen any reasonable explanation for the way they did it. It looks like someone dropped the ball.

I don't think anyone necessarily dropped any balls. The USA hasn't used professional players in the Pan Am games since 1999. In both 2003 and 2007 the USA teams were comprised of the top college players. The professional players are over in Europe and elsewhere playing for their overseas teams.

The issue here is really one of timing. In past years the Pan Am games were played during the summer (July and August) when college players didn't have commitments to schools and their collegiate teams. This year, not only are the Pan Am games being held in October after the start of collegiate practice, but the games are also occurring within a few weeks of the World University Games. Understandably, the best collegiate players (and their coaches) preferred the timing of the WUGs. There's no question that the USA's gold-medal winning team in the WUGs would have fared much better than the current Pan Am team. Something had to give and this year it was the Pan Am games. Oh well.

Reaction Score
breanna stewart is averaging 16 & 16 and 2.5 blocks!!!!!! in the pan am games as of right now

Reaction Score
breanna stewart is averaging 16 & 16 and 2.5 blocks!!!!!! in the pan am games as of right now
She is a 17 year old! A SR in High School, 3 years younger than everyone else on the USA Team, and she is going to be Signing a Letter of Intent to us in about 2 weeks:p She is a "Baby Huskie."
On the subject of recruiting,Breanna/"Baby Huskie"/KLM. It would be nice if we had a clone of KLM to commit early and do her "recruiting" for the classes of 13 and 14. Special kids like KLM, have the "it" factor! Not only are they elite,but they are smart,very out going,connect so very well with others.They also get the bigger picture that it takes other players to be a Special TEAM. They not only want to commit to their school,but be a RECRUITER! They have certain unique advantages that the Coaching Staff do not have. We hear she has a connection with DD! I hope that "helps" us get DD, the earlier the better. Re: Reimer I hope we get him and he has that special personality. Reimer has played and been around the kids we are now going after in the classes of 13 and 14! #1 Russell,#9 Tucker, # 15 Mavunga, as examples in the 2013 class The kids who were trying out for the USA 16 team and those who were on it amongst other connections the circle of elite players spend time playing basketball with and against for years The subject of how many elite level kids you can have willing to play roles that USA team members accept is a legitimate question and issue.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She(Breanna) is a 17 year old! A SR in High School, 3 years younger than everyone else on the USA Team, and she is going to be Signing a Letter of Intent to us in about 2 weeks :p She is a "Baby Huskie."

On the subject of recruiting,Breanna/"Baby Huskie"/KLM. It would be nice if we had a clone of KLM to commit early and do her "recruiting" for the classes of 13 and 14.

Special kids like KLM, have the "it" factor! Not only are they elite,but they are smart,very out going,connect so very well with others.They also get the bigger picture that it takes other players to be a Special TEAM. They not only want to commit to their school,but be a RECRUITER! They have certain unique advantages that the Coaching Staff do not have. We hear she has a connection with DD! I hope that "helps" us get DD, the earlier the better.

Re: Reimer I hope we get him (you mean her) and (s)he has that special personality. Reimer has played and been around the kids we are now going after in the classes of 13 and 14! #1 Russell,#9 Tucker, # 15 Mavunga, as examples in the 2013 class

The kids who were trying out for the USA 16 team and those who were on it amongst other connections the circle of elite players spend time playing basketball with and against for years

The subject of how many elite level kids you can have willing to play roles that USA team members accept is a legitimate question and issue.

Edited for readability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman