USA 16U Team Trials - General

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
DBfrCw6UAAAXhqQ.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Where did you find this? Because Kylee Watson doesn't seem to be in this. I'm sure it's nothing...just curious.

She's not in it and I don't recall at the moment where I found it. Watson is in this pic taken at the airport yesterday:

DBf9JMeU0AA6xT6.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Some folks have been comparing Sam Brunelle to Elena. Watching that last video, I see the underhand scoop shot and a couple of other things that remind me of our very own Lou.

And Chris Hansen of Prospects Nation has another take on her:

Samantha Brunelle (Ruckersville, Va.), William Monroe – 2019
The 6-3 swing player has interior size but her best attribute is her ability to make mid-range and perimeter shots. She is a scorer plain and simple. She runs the floor to find open spots to get easy shots and just has a knack for finding angles to score.

COMPARISON: Katie Douglas (Purdue/WNBA)

Here's his rundown on one and all members:
Meet USA Basketball's U16 Team | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
I know very little about the competition in Argentina but beating Canada easily in a scrimmage is certainly a good sign for this young team..........keeping my fingers crossed that they come home with gold not bronze this time..............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd be super pleased to have Berube show up as Geno's understudy. She's glued to where she is and it ain't happening, but I'd still like it.

Reaction Score
I'd be super pleased to have Berube show up as Geno's understudy. She's glued to where she is and it ain't happening, but I'd still like it.

Historically, understudies don't make great successors. Maybe being your own person and running a show, however smaller, is a better path.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Watching Brunelle & Co. now. Let me reiterate, got to put the UConn lock on this player. She's everywhere out there!

Oh, and while I'm building my wish list, let me shove Paige Bueckers in there. Way beyond her years. Looks like a waif out there but getting it done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching Brunelle & Co. now. Let me reiterate, got to put the UConn lock on this player. She's everywhere out there!

Oh, and while I'm building my wish list, let me shove Paige Bueckers in there. Way beyond her years. Looks like a waif out there but getting it done.
No worries mate. I'd be very surprised if she and Boston wind up anywhere but UConn. And Bueckers would be a great fit in Auriemma's offense doing a little bit of everything.

Reaction Score

I'm on team Paige too! We have a good talent eye!

Reaction Score
140+ is a big number, the reason it is that large is because U16 is the last year you can “self-nominate” after this tryouts are by invitation only. From the people trying out I’m sure I’ll miss a few UConn connections:

River Baldwin visited UConn but verbal to FSU

Aliyah Boston visited UConn on first night.

Maddie Burke visited UConn with AAU teammate Kylee Watson.

Samantha Brunelle visited and has a UConn offer -October 2016.

Myra Gordon visited with her sister Lexi.

The following players although not yet linked to UConn have been getting much BY love:

UConn visited Zia Cooke Sept 2016

Paige Bueckers inspired her own thread as UConn PG of the future.

Cameron Brink inspired comparisons to a young Stewie-very young!

Sydney Parrish is from Indiana expect ND to fight for her talents. '

thanks---I appreciate the additional info----

Haley Jones is Cali cool and can play positions 1-5 per her HS coach- who happens to be a USA basketball coach.

Te-Hina Paopao has been mentioned on BY also. She is from same HS as Candice Wiggins (ah…. (f)orget her! Same HS as Kelsey Plum and is also making noise in Cali as a PG

Reaction Score
Dillon77 - Yes I saw Chris D in Holmdel watching Celeste Taylor earlier this year...if she can be more consistent with her outside shooting she could be a top 25 player....like you said Lola Mullaney came off the bench but she is extremely talented...maybe not UConn level but she will start for a good DI team...l.Tori Hyduke has actually surpassed Mullaney with her play last year and she will also make an impact at the DI level.....the big question is where the third Mabrey sister will matriculate.....have Muffet's mavens been clamoring for her at ND? She is is the quickest and best ball handler of the three and her outside shot is almost their equal..
2 Comments: 1. "Maybe not Uconn level?? Geno surprises me a lot over the last 20 years--While Sam can be his goal and his type--good steady kids often get the nod. 2. IF Baby maybe Mabrey is any where near her sisters--Muffet will lock her up--Baby Mabrey has no fear--personally I find few things about her that I dislike--except--she plays for ND.

Reaction Score
2 Comments: 1. "Maybe not UConn level?? Geno surprises me a lot over the last 20 years--While Sam can be his goal and his type--good steady kids often get the nod. 2. IF Baby maybe Mabrey is any where near her sisters--Muffet will lock her up--Baby Mabrey has no fear--personally I find few things about her that I dislike--except--she plays for ND.

Mullaney will be a starter this coming season but she was a bench player on a very talented team last season...........I would say she's a top 100 player right now (she got cut in Colorado around that spot if I remember correctly), if her shot improves next year, I would compare her to DePaul's Kelly Campbell, another Jersey shore girl who had a pretty successful freshman season........ we will see just how close to a UConn kind of player she is soon enough

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mullaney will be a starter this coming season but she was a bench player on a very talented team last season......I would say she's a top 100 player right now (she got cut in Colorado around that spot if I remember correctly), if her shot improves next year, I would compare her to DePaul's Kelly Campbell, another Jersey shore girl who had a pretty successful freshman season... we will see just how close to a UConn kind of player she is soon enough
Thanks for this---informative---your posting on HS players and potential recruits are worth the reading. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this---informative---your posting on HS players and potential recruits are worth the reading. Thanks.

always a pleasure to share whatever information I have regarding BBall in the Garden State..........hope to see some good talent when I feed my daughter to the wolves down the shore this summer................it will be fun to see her play against some of these girls we are watching in Argentina although she usually comes up on the short end literally and figuratively.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom