US WNT in Soccer Schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

US WNT in Soccer Schedule

Reaction Score
They looked good. So much talent on this team. Dunn can do everything and Press is always in the right place.

I have a questions for those who have a better understanding of positions. Can either of the Mewes sisters play Horan’s spot if Ertz isn’t ready? This would get laVelle on the field and Horan is no Ertz.

With Heath back who sits? My choice would be Morgan. Go with Rapino, Press, Heath. They all can do more.

I would say no. Sonnett is the next in line for the 6 position. I didn't think Kristi played well - dribbled into too much trouble. I don't think she starts come meaningful games - only starting her last night since it's relatively close to her home town. Sam is too good as a 10 (attacking midfielder) or straight midfielder to move back. She sees the field so well and starts a lot of offense with her vision and ability to carry in traffic.

I agree - sit Morgan and play Heath - much better all around player. Just need to make sure Heath has her fitness.

Horan can move up to a less defensive mid-field role. I thought she started a little sluggish last night but was excellent from the 20th minute on. When she decides to get physical, she's fantastic. Love her attitude.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would say no. Sonnett is the next in line for the 6 position. I didn't think Kristi played well - dribbled into too much trouble. I don't think she starts come meaningful games - only starting her last night since it's relatively close to her home town. Sam is too good as a 10 (attacking midfielder) or straight midfielder to move back. She sees the field so well and starts a lot of offense with her vision and ability to carry in traffic.

I agree - sit Morgan and play Heath - much better all around player. Just need to make sure Heath has her fitness.

Horan can move up to a less defensive mid-field role. I thought she started a little sluggish last night but was excellent from the 20th minute on. When she decides to get physical, she's fantastic. Love her attitude.
Horan isn't as destructive as Ertz, but a far better passer. But last night they were hurting without Horan or Lavelle in the 10 positions ( I mean they were going to win anyway, but it just doesn't flow as well). Sam Mewis is ok IF she has Horan or Lavelle with her for creativity. Kristi Mewis, well I'd rather have Macario.

The lineup I want to see is

Press - Morgan - Heath

Horan - Ertz - Lavelle

Dunn - Sauerbrunn - Dahlkamper - O'Hara

Naeher

Hopefully, everyone gets healthy and we can see it.

Reaction Score
Horan isn't as destructive as Ertz, but a far better passer. But last night they were hurting without Horan or Lavelle in the 10 positions ( I mean they were going to win anyway, but it just doesn't flow as well). Sam Mewis is ok IF she has Horan or Lavelle with her for creativity. Kristi Mewis, well I'd rather have Macario.

The lineup I want to see is

Press - Morgan - Heath

Horan - Ertz - Lavelle

Dunn - Sauerbrunn - Dahlkamper - O'Hara

Naeher

Hopefully, everyone gets healthy and we can see it.
Rapino instead of Morgan. Mewes instead of Horan. Horan and Ertz on the field together ….maybe against a Men’s team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Rapino instead of Morgan. Mewes instead of Horan. Horan and Ertz on the field together ….maybe against a Men’s team.
Completely disagree. Taking off 2 of your best players for much lesser ones, ....not a good idea.

Reaction Score
IMO Heath Rapino Press are the 3 best. If Ertz is on the field, it’s between Mewes and Horan. Mewes does more. Horan is a mini Ertz. Redundant.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, East Hartford held up their end of the bargain. Big, very enthusiastic crowd on a beautiful day today. Almost 28K.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great 1st half (4-0) sluggish 2nd half (0-0). Different energy without Heath / Press

Reaction Score
We’re talking about Press, Morgan, Rapino, Heath but Carly Lloyd continues to shine. She always makes things happen. An abundance of wealth for the coach. Horan looked great.

Only thing that concerns me is the lack serious competition for the last 5 games going into the Olympics. Team USA could do whatever they wanted to whenever they wanted to. Would have been nice to be challenged before playing Sweden.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Lordy, Christen Press is something. I wasn't crazy about her when she started on the WNT -- I now suspect that she was just pushing too hard. She grew on me. She's now in the top ten US international goal scorers. And this is in about 8 years, and much of that time she's been in a platoon with Heath and playing only about 30 minutes a game.

I'm watching the last two games tonight. She's really on; I hope this extends to the Olympics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom