US-u23 - Olympic Qualifying | The Boneyard

US-u23 - Olympic Qualifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Starts tonight against Cuba on Universal Sports. The three game pod should be easy enough, then there is the go or go home semifinal for a spot in London.

If you are interested in what Jergen Klinsmann wants to establish on the full national team, watch this team play. There win last month over Mexico was a thing of beauty. This is not a full A squad due to club commitments, but it should be entertaining never the less.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you are interested in what Jergen Klinsmann wants to establish on the full national team, watch this team play. There win last month over Mexico was a thing of beauty. This is not a full A squad due to club commitments, but it should be entertaining never the less.
Yea that didn't work out too well. Not even sure where the blame goes on this catastrophe.

Reaction Score
I'm not either. Primarily, the center backs and goalkeepers just sucked, and I'm not sure the coaching really had anything to do with it. But I don't find it surprising that anyone willing to credit Klinsman for a friendly win by an underage squad against Mexico won't come back and talk about his responsibility for the failures.

I am confident, however, all those people will be able to remember how to post the next time the U.S. looks good.

Reaction Score
I only got to watch a little of the game v. Canada, but did see all of El Salvador. Wow was that disappointing. Our goalkeeping was abysmal. The equalizer by El Salvador in the 94th+ minute was mind blowing. The defenders seemed loss when it came to defending in space, covering the back door, and defending corners. Shea, stop worrying about the red dyed stripe down your hair, and start playing a full 90 minutes. The guy has potential, but disappears for chunks of games. Freddy Adu seemed to be the only one who played consistently.

On the plus side, as it relates to the national team, Dempsey is in top form. Donovan has one more WC left in him and was the best player on Everton during his loan there. Will be curious to see when Holden can play again and in what form he'll come back in. Bradley seems to be getting solid run in Serie A from what ive read (havent seen it personally). You just hope Klinsman, his system, and the top American talent can all mesh quickly, especially with CONCACAF qualifying kicking off in a couple months. We may need to go find some world class Defenders and start handing out green cards though, if we want to truly make a run. ;) .

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We may need to go find some world class Defenders and start handing out green cards though, if we want to truly make a run. ;) .
We need to put some military bases in Brazil and Argentina. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Or just have the Secret Service go down for some planning.
Don't know if that would work, those types of "ladies" don't tend to get pregnant. Kinda curtails their "business". :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom