Us, Jonathon and the Uconn brand | The Boneyard

Us, Jonathon and the Uconn brand

Reaction Score
Watching the playoffs and seeing the ESPN commercial with Jonathon in the board meeting with the US W soccer team made my night. It made me realize the Uconn brand, with baseball, football, basketball, hockey, field hockey, and every other sport is strong. A University with a high athletic and academic profile is such a strong selling point to recruits of every sport. Basketball especially, because even though we have had a rough past few years our recruiting hasn't really suffered.

But...student athletes also want to play for a school with a rabid loyal fanbase. If we are known as a supportive, loyal fan base it can only be attractive to incoming athletes. We act like they don't read the yard but these kids are on the internet all day and I doubt they don't "sneak a peak" at the very least. Let's not act like we can speak with impunity if we want the commitment from future recruits. The Uconn brand, especially in the 2020's, includes us. ( if you think fan/media criticism doesnt matter, see how many MLB'ers don't want to play in NY)

Reaction Score
Not that big apparently. Unless you eat at McDonells and get your coffee at Duncen Donits. Or like to drink Koke. The mascot is named Jonathan, not Jonathon.

Reaction Score
Sylvester the cat had a male offspring he called by a commonly used appelation.
Do you know if it was "thun" or "thon"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom