Ursuline's Sonia Citron commits to Notre Dame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ursuline's Sonia Citron commits to Notre Dame

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Do 5s even exist anymore? All the 6'3 girls are "small forwards" now.

Anyhow, I'm guessing that will wait until 2022. The timeline of ND's return to the elite of wcbb will depend on how good Westbeld and Marshall can be and how soon.

Citron makes 13 on ND's 21-22 roster by my count. We'd be looking at:

Seniors: Vaughn (RS), Cosgrove
Juniors: Brunelle, Peoples, Prohaska (RS), Gilbert (RS)
Sophomores: Marshall, Westbeld, Campbell, Hayes, Abdur-Rahim
Freshmen: Miles, Citron

I'm thinking ND would gladly hand a scholarship to Fudd or Rivers but otherwise the Irish are likely done with 2021 recruiting.
Given today's "transfer mindset" and not withstanding Niele Ivey now being the ND coach, I am not sure all the players you list stay at ND for 4 years. I am curious as to why all the ND posters think that Westbeld will be such a huge star for the Irish. I get her sister was a "glue" player who was ranked #21 and had a nice career but it's not like Kat was a "star". Maddie is #20 and again, has nice skills but I don't foresee All-American written in her future as I see higher profile players on this team who will be the focus of the offense. What am I missing here?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess that Coach McGraw's retirement had no bearing on one of the top recruits in the country committing to the Fighting Irish.

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or did it?

Reaction Score
I'm going to use the analogy of a garden. You can have excellent soil and the best organic seed but you had better know how, when and where to plant them and then do the proper pruning. Geno's done a pretty good job over the years and his methods of planting, nurturing, and harvesting have produced great crops every year.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Given today's "transfer mindset" and not withstanding Niele Ivey now being the ND coach, I am not sure all the players you list stay at ND for 4 years. I am curious as to why all the ND posters think that Westbeld will be such a huge star for the Irish. I get her sister was a "glue" player who was ranked #21 and had a nice career but it's not like Kat was a "star". Maddie is #20 and again, has nice skills but I don't foresee All-American written in her future as I see higher profile players on this team who will be the focus of the offense. What am I missing here?

I think it's pretty self-explanatory why fans of team would be excited for a HS All-American and top-20 recruit.

If she is approximately as good as her sister, well, her sister started on a National Championship team. Plus, there is some reason to think she might end up better given that she is an inch or so taller and has shown more offensive ability from the perimeter.

Also, Muffet gave this quote on signing day, which I'm sure hyped people up a bit:

“I think Maddy Westbeld is a Larry Bird type of player. She’s a 6-3 guard who can shoot, pass, rebound, take the ball off the rim and go coast-to-coast. She’s underrated from the national scouting services. She’s going to be a huge impact player for us.”

Now, as we all know, Muffet has never been guilty of exaggeration, so I'm sure we can all take her at her word ;)

Reaction Score
They have shows together overtime and wslam will follow their games highlights and maybe have interviews. That’s there brand

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom