URI | The Boneyard

URI

Reaction Score
URI has an on-going 14 game winning streak and is currently 18 in the AP poll. Does anyone have Dan Hurley's number? Is it too late? Will we need to start looking for the next, next up and coming coach because we are now like URI in the early 2000's?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
URI has an on-going 14 game winning streak and is currently 18 in the AP poll. Does anyone have Dan Hurley's number? Is it too late? Will we need to start looking for the next, next up and coming coach because we are now like URI in the early 2000's?
Searching for likes?
Insufferable post - not new but still insufferable
Go beat a dead horse elsewhere

Reaction Score
If the plan is to fire Ollie, I imagine that his people would have already been contacted in unofficial ways. But none of us know if that is actually the plan or not.

Reaction Score
If the plan is to fire Ollie, I imagine that his people would have already been contacted in unofficial ways. But none of us know if that is actually the plan or not.

I am certain multiple coaches have been contacted. All a part of the process.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tom Moore is on the staff. I'm certain there's an open dialogue.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
There is no way we are presently "like URI in the early 2000's". Our AD has produced 23 national titles, including four in men's BB, and made it to a BCS bowl game. URI was nothing in the early 2000's and they are still nothing compared to us.

Reaction Score
the A 10 is absolutely pathetic, they should run the table
The A10 is, what, probably the 9th best league in the country, if I were to make a "blind guess" without looking at numbers. I assume they are behind the West Coast conference (with Gonzaga, St. Marys and BYU) but that would mean they are probably the 2nd best mid major conference and, overall, right around middle of the pack. Not horrible.

Rhode Island would smoke Uconn and St. Bonnies and VCU, I think, would win comfortably over Uconn. Davidson would play about even with Uconn this year. Most other teams would be a struggle for the Huskies but should be a win. A few of the bottom ones being, (well should be) double digit wins at least. Huskies would be fighting for 4th or 5th in the A10 IMHO...hooray I guess.

Reaction Score
Not coming here. I repeat. Not coming here.

Reaction Score

You just crawl out from under a rock?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The A10 is, what, probably the 9th best league in the country, if I were to make a "blind guess" without looking at numbers. I assume they are behind the West Coast conference (with Gonzaga, St. Marys and BYU) but that would mean they are probably the 2nd best mid major conference and, overall, right around middle of the pack. Not horrible.

Rhode Island would smoke Uconn and St. Bonnies and VCU, I think, would win comfortably over Uconn. Davidson would play about even with Uconn this year. Most other teams would be a struggle for the Huskies but should be a win. A few of the bottom ones being, (well should be) double digit wins at least. Huskies would be fighting for 4th or 5th in the A10 IMHO...hooray I guess.

RI wouldn't sniff a championship in the AAC, and the A-10 is a 1 bid conference this year

Reaction Score
RI wouldn't sniff a championship in the AAC, and the A-10 is a 1 bid conference this year
URI did beat Cincinnati last year by 5 on a neutral court. So the whole "wouldn't sniff a championship..." comment is just a little bit Xtreme.

Reaction Score
And this has what to do with my post?

Though if you insist on bringing it up, I think most reasonable estimates would have URI finishing any where from 2nd to 4th in the AAC most likely. Outside chance of winning it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom