Urgently need some JC studs on D | The Boneyard

Urgently need some JC studs on D

Reaction Score
If JuCo's can come in and make us competitive right away, I'm all for it, but I plan on being in for a long rebuild.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I believe if the staff takes a JUCO after spring practice you get them for the upcoming fall season, but their enrollment counts towards the coming year 25 annual scholarship headcount. We are low on slots for the 2018 cycle at this point and it seems we have also have prioritized the remaining scholarships for TE, RB, a center, Dline and a safety the pursuit of Devon Matthews.

Given we haven’t seen much for juco defense of late, maybe this is where we end up - late spring additions like Santana Sterling.

Reaction Score
If JuCo's can come in and make us competitive right away, I'm all for it, but I plan on being in for a long rebuild.

Running out of time. How long can we be rebuilding? 7yrs now. We are on life support!

Reaction Score
Running out of time. How long can we be rebuilding? 7yrs now. We are on life support!
It all depends on your expectations. If you boy bob didn't screw everything up we wouldn't be having this conversation.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You have to find the right JUCO and not just anyone. The defensive line needs help for sure and we can hope that with who UConn has and who is coming in will be enough for next year

Reaction Score
You have to find the right JUCO and not just anyone. The defensive line needs help for sure and we can hope that with who UConn has and who is coming in will be enough for next year

For sure. I found this interesting article on JC recruiting. It's dated, 2011 but it gives you an idea of who has been active in recruiting JC players. Perhaps there is a more up to date one out there.

Which football teams sign the most JuCo transfers?

Reaction Score
It all depends on your expectations. If you boy bob didn't screw everything up we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Your right, the 5 stars would be lined up at the door at Storrs! My bad.

Reaction Score
For sure. I found this interesting article on JC recruiting. It's dated, 2011 but it gives you an idea of who has been active in recruiting JC players. Perhaps there is a more up to date one out there.

This only shows me that we need to adjust recruiting tactics a bit and recruit these kids as well. I get that Coach Edsall is who he is, but maybe, just maybe he should add a little wrinkle to his recruiting tone a bit... We can't simply cultivate all the leftover JUCOs anymore... We gotta get in there early with them... The addition with a few of these kids will get this program up and running at Kansas State level in no time... That level I wouldn't be mad at.. We'd be at the top of the league year in and year out with that kind of impact infused into the program....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Ha. I nailed it with K-State leading with 39 of them. Lots of big name programs signing a lot of JUCOs though.

Reaction Score
This only shows me that we need to adjust recruiting tactics a bit and recruit these kids as well. I get that Coach Edsall is who he is, but maybe, just maybe he should add a little wrinkle to his recruiting tone a bit... We can't simply cultivate all the leftover JUCOs anymore... We gotta get in there early with them...

RE2 and staff have been recruiting, visiting and offering JUCO kids (on both sides of the ball) since the day they walked in the door... it’s not a perceived lack of effort. CE has been all over the Cal/Arizona/Mid-West JUCO/CC scene.

Reaction Score
RE2 and staff have been recruiting, visiting and offering JUCO kids (on both sides of the ball) since the day they walked in the door... it’s not a perceived lack of effort. CE has been all over the Cal/Arizona/Mid-West JUCO/CC scene.

Offering & effort meaningless unless they close the deal.

baldwin-alec-Article-201710231641.jpg

Reaction Score
Offering & effort meaningless unless they close the deal.

baldwin-alec-Article-201710231641.jpg

My comment was in response to @ktuck911’s “This only shows me that we need to adjust recruiting tactics a bit and recruit these kids as well”

Reaction Score
thanks for clarifying huskymedic... wasn't aware of that...

Reaction Score
thanks for clarifying huskymedic... wasn't aware of that...

Remember LB/DE Amanfo and Diaz from last year - west coast juco/cc kids. Plus the Lackawanna kids. Few more this year (LB Pearce, Murray, etal).

Reaction Score
Remember LB/DE Amanfo and Diaz from last year - west coast juco/cc kids. Plus the Lackawanna kids. Few more this year (LB Pearce, Murray, etal).
What I'm hoping is that some of the highly ranked JUCOs sees all that abundance of opportunity up in Storrs... and commits to Storrs for a few years before getting their shot in the NFL....

Reaction Score
And there was the JUCO TE from California who went to Vandy ... I hear he's in Prison Orange these days

Reaction Score
My comment was in response to @ktuck911’s “This only shows me that we need to adjust recruiting tactics a bit and recruit these kids as well”

As usual you gave good information. Just saying they have to sell these kids on UCONN - somehow.

Reaction Score
UConn will be markedly better next year - look what UCF did in two years. It is easy to right the ship quickly in the AAC when you have competent people at the helm. RE will get it done, offense is light years ahead of last year without their best player. As for the unbelievable amount of yards the secondary is giving up, the vast majority of it is to first year guys who are getting valuable experience, also don't forget we are getting some key LBs back in the fold next year due to injury or sitting as a transfer. Once some more Randy guys get in the fold things will change quickly.

Reaction Score
UConn will be markedly better next year - look what UCF did in two years. It is easy to right the ship quickly in the AAC when you have competent people at the helm. RE will get it done, offense is light years ahead of last year without their best player. As for the unbelievable amount of yards the secondary is giving up, the vast majority of it is to first year guys who are getting valuable experience, also don't forget we are getting some key LBs back in the fold next year due to injury or sitting as a transfer. Once some more Randy guys get in the fold things will change quickly.
Agreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom