Urban Meyer to Ohio State | The Boneyard

Urban Meyer to Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we really buy his reasoning of why he left Florida, saying how he had health problems and wanted to spend more time with family. Thats exactly why he went on the road and traveled with the ESPN game day crew granted its not as stressful as coaching. I think the real reason he left Florida is because Tebow left and there has been a lot of criminal activity going on in the program lets not forget Addazio and Strong leaving Florida to be HC's. Who knows why he left Florida not that I really care but I doubt its because he had health issues and wanted to be around family more.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He was hospitalized on more than one occasion while at florida.

Reaction Score
He was hospitalized on more than one occasion while at florida.

maybe his Doctor suggested he take a year off from coaching at some point due to the stress level

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
He was sick of realizing that his offense doesn't work against high level defenses when you don't have a Tim Tebow running it. He'll do well when he has a QB that is physically better than everyone, but he left Florida a mess in terms of talent. This is the least talented UF team I have ever seen this year.
And yes, I think he looks like a for leaving Florida for the reasons he gave, and then taking another, just as stressful, job a year later.

Reaction Score
Do we really buy his reasoning of why he left Florida, saying how he had health problems and wanted to spend more time with family. Thats exactly why he went on the road and traveled with the ESPN game day crew granted its not as stressful as coaching. I think the real reason he left Florida is because Tebow left and there has been a lot of criminal activity going on in the program lets not forget Addazio and Strong leaving Florida to be HC's. Who knows why he left Florida not that I really care but I doubt its because he had health issues and wanted to be around family more.

He bailed out when his value was still high. His last season at Florida without Tebow he was 8-5 and 4-4 in the SEC and unranked. Another season like that and more cameras showing him looking totally lost on the sidelines while his 4 and 5 star offensive line being man-handled and having no running game would have drastically reduced the perception of Urban Meyer. The one mediocre season can be blamed on health which made him millions of dollars from Ohio St.

Addazio was the scapegoat os the OC, but it was Meyer's offense.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
He bailed out when his value was still high. His last season at Florida without Tebow he was 8-5 and 4-4 in the SEC and unranked. Another season like that and more cameras showing him looking totally lost on the sidelines while his 4 and 5 star offensive line being man-handled and having no running game would have drastically reduced the perception of Urban Meyer. The one mediocre season can be blamed on health which made him millions of dollars from Ohio St.

Addazio was the scapegoat os the OC, but it was Meyer's offense.

Nail on the freakin head. He did a piss poor job of player development, and is really just a playcaller.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nail on the freakin head. He did a piss poor job of player development, and is really just a playcaller.

Splitting hairs here, but I don't expect the head coach to develop players. I expect the head coach to assemble a staff that knows how to develop players. I think he was worse at finding coaches who could develop high level talent and teach fundamentals and grow them up on and off the field.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Splitting hairs here, but I don't expect the head coach to develop players. I expect the head coach to assemble a staff that knows how to develop players. I think he was worse at finding coaches who could develop high level talent and teach fundamentals and grow them up on and off the field.

Fair enough, but it all ultimately falls on the HC. An HC with too big of an ego is his own worst enemy.

Reaction Score
He just wanted to go to a conference where the defensive play isn't all that competitive. He hated facing the LSU and Alabamas whether it be in the regular season or SEC championship game.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how sick he became when he didn't have Tebow to cover for all of the criminals he had running loose. It's also amazing how Gator fans that were previously blind to this have suddenly come around and realized that he is "dishonest" and "a liar".

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Usually when you fire a coach, you hire someone who has the complete opposite tendencies. If you had a players coach, you hire more of a disciplinarian.

It feels like in this case, OSU had an opportunity to hire someone who didn't put football first at all costs. Well...they failed. Meyer had no control of the Gators and he was all about keeping the top talent eligible at all costs.

I also wonder how many Mullens and Strongs are sitting out there to be his coordinators.

But..the guy has won wherever he goes and maybe OSU will have enough controls on the football program that he will have to play within the rules.

Reaction Score
Usually when you fire a coach, you hire someone who has the complete opposite tendencies. If you had a players coach, you hire more of a disciplinarian.

It feels like in this case, OSU had an opportunity to hire someone who didn't put football first at all costs. Well...they failed. Meyer had no control of the Gators and he was all about keeping the top talent eligible at all costs.

I also wonder how many Mullens and Strongs are sitting out there to be his coordinators.

But..the guy has won wherever he goes and maybe OSU will have enough controls on the football program that he will have to play within the rules.

Agree. Usually I have a feel for new coaches, but I cannot grasp this one. He should succeed, but a coach who retires several times for anxiety/heart/health/family issues seems like an odd fit in columbus.

I guesss we'll see, but should be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
He's an Ohio guy and the OSU job does not open up every year - it was now or never. BTW, I love the criticism - had this guy taken a job to coach a team w/a block C on their helmets, we'd all be high fiving each other and taklking about what a genius he is and how we would be in BCS Championship game in 2 years.

Reaction Score
He's an Ohio guy and the OSU job does not open up every year - it was now or never. BTW, I love the criticism - had this guy taken a job to coach a team w/a block C on their helmets, we'd all be high fiving each other and taklking about what a genius he is and how we would be in BCS Championship game in 2 years.

I would still say he was a dick but our own dick lol, most great coaches are asswholes like Belichek, Parcells, etc. I highly doubt anyone would go from leaving the HC of Florida to becoming HC of Uconn, no one buys his reasoning of why he left thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom