Upstater | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upstater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've said my piece. I asked a question, about good deeds and evil deeds, and answered it how I feel is right. Your statement about Paterno turning a 'blind-eye' tells me that you don't agree with my position. I don't believe for a second that man turned a blind eye, and perhaps that's the most troubling thing for most people, especially those that have known the guy, and interacted, because it means having to reject everything they believe, it's answering that question - how could he NOT have done anythign more?

I've written all I intend to write on this subject, I felt like adding something here, because, well I felt like it, because I think that a fellow uconn die hard is having trouble facing the reality of a heliocentric universe, after a lifetime of understanding and knowing that the earth is the center of the universe. It's not an easy thing to do.

Forgive me if I overstep my bounds in making judgements.

I do have trouble understanding you. You're saying he didn't turn a blind-eye? A blind-eye means he ignored the seriousness of what his GA told him. I'm not sure what you think that word means. You think Joe Paterno is a child rapist?

Reaction Score
look fellas, I like you guys, but I've said all I'm going to say on the topics of Penn State, child molestation and Joe Paterno. Don't look for things that aren't there. The facts of this case will eventually come out. If they are anything close to what's been alleged, it will forever destroy anything positive that can be said about Joe Paterno's character. It's a very difficult thing for people that have been directly affected by such an authority figure, personality, in a postive way, over such a long period of time, to realize that the person they have respected has such a damning flaw. That's all. That's what the discussion is about. Look at the title.

Reaction Score
look fellas, I like you guys, but I've said all I'm going to say on the topics of Penn State, child molestation and Joe Paterno. Don't look for things that aren't there. The facts of this case will eventually come out. If they are anything close to what's been alleged, it will forever destroy anything positive that can be said about Joe Paterno's character. It's a very difficult thing for people that have been directly affected by such an authority figure, personality, in a postive way, over such a long period of time, to realize that the person they have respected has such a damning flaw. That's all. That's what the discussion is about. Look at the title.

I could care less about Penn State or Joe Pa. I thought you were implying that Paterno was doing more than he is publically being accused of (which was covering up, rather than reporting to the right authorities, child molestation). I was therefore asking you if you were implying something more, and, if so, what you were implying. But I still can't tell from your reply if you are or are not.

Reaction Score

I don't disagree with this. I disagreed with what you wrote earlier.

Reaction Score
I could care less about Penn State or Joe Pa. I thought you were implying that Paterno was doing more than he is publically being accused of (which was covering up, rather than reporting to the right authorities, child molestation). I was therefore asking you if you were implying something more, and, if so, what you were implying. But I still can't tell from your reply if you are or are not.

You are wrong in your interpretations of my comments, and I'm sorry for not being more clear, in that whatever I wrote, you were able to draw those kinds of implications.

Reaction Score
You are wrong in your interpretations of my comments, and I'm sorry for not being more clear, in that whatever I wrote, you were able to draw those kinds of implications.

O.K., thanks. I was just trying to understand what you were saying.

Reaction Score
Little known fact -- they hung witches in Fairfield, Connecticut, as well as in Salem. At a pond no longer there between Independence Hall and the beach.
Wow, did not know that, though I know they have regularly hung Ludlowe and Warde football coaches since about 1973.

Reaction Score
Wow, did not know that, though I know they have regularly hung Ludlowe and Warde football coaches since about 1973.

LMFAO.

Actually, I think most of the football coaches quit in frustration. I don't think many have been fired. I know for a fact that not once has the town or Board of Ed ever told a school to get rid of a coach. The changes have all been made by the Headmasters.

Reaction Score
LMFAO.

Actually, I think most of the football coaches quit in frustration. I don't think many have been fired. I know for a fact that not once has the town or Board of Ed ever told a school to get rid of a coach. The changes have all been made by the Headmasters.
My cousin coached Warde a few years ago, tried and tried to bring back the glory but finally gave up. Town demographics have changed alot over the years, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Bullards, Mckesson Labs, H&H, Exide Battery, Bridgeport Machines, GE, and Sprague Meter closed down in the early 70's and Ludlowe, Warde, and Notre Dame football fell off a cliff around the same time. Prior to the early 70's Ludlowe was great almost every year, Notre Dame won several State championships in the 50's & 60's, even Warde was the state champ in football in 1960 0r 59 and had some decent teams after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom