Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged)

Reaction Score
Could you point out what teams these would be stacked against us?

Oh, probably teams that are better than their tournament seed in our bracket.

Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I have a hunch that when the brackets are unveiled, there will be some teams tha 8/9 match ups should have been seeded higher.

At the end of the day, you just have to play the hand you're delt.

We'll see.

Reaction Score
Oh, probably teams that are better than their tournament seed in our bracket.

Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I have a hunch that when the brackets are unveiled, there will be some teams tha 8/9 match ups should have been seeded higher.

At the end of the day, you just have to play the hand you're delt.

We'll see.
Thats fair but im not worried about anyone tbh and i dont mean that in the sense that i feel we are going to win the whole thing because we`re so good im just not worried because no matter what this year and a half has been the most fun time period of Uconn basketball in 20 years and even if we dont get the repeat it wont take away last years title. This season to me is nothing but gravy i just didnt think the gravy would be gourmet. If we were to repeat im not even sure how id react. ITd be insane.

Reaction Score
No one is disrespecting us at this point. Over the last year and a half we have been the giants of the sport. We are feared. Read other teams message boards. They’re all terrified
It’s rare when teams ranked number 1 live up to the hype. Hurley made a similar comment to this but our ranking really reminds me of various boxers who once they won the belt suddenly became better because their pride and will to win reached levels to match their skill.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The light contact that gets called defending Edey is sickening. He pushes guys all over the court but my god don't brush him. As if the biggest beast in the game needs protection.
Edey frequently has his arms out and doesn’t swing it into the defender but moves them out of the way by moving his body. IMO should be called a foul but never is

Reaction Score
Thats fair but im not worried about anyone tbh and i dont mean that in the sense that i feel we are going to win the whole thing because we`re so good im just not worried because no matter what this year and a half has been the most fun time period of Uconn basketball in 20 years and even if we dont get the repeat it wont take away last years title. This season to me is nothing but gravy i just didnt think the gravy would be gourmet. If we were to repeat im not even sure how id react. ITd be insane.

I agree, but to me it's just about fairness. The seedings also affect the lower seeded teams. It's not fair to them as well.

Just imagine if a team like Seton Hall gets an 8th seed in the east and we get the 1 seed. Now I highly doubt that scenario will happen, but I wouldn't put it past them.

You're 100 percent right that it's all gravy, but this team is on a mission

Reaction Score
Just imagine if a team like Seton Hall gets an 8th seed in the east and we get the 1 seed. Now I highly doubt that scenario will happen, but I wouldn't put it past them.
That can't happen.

Teams from the same league that played only once during the regular season — including the conference tournament — can meet as early as the round of 32.

Teams that met twice during the year can’t see each other until the regional semifinals; teams that met three times cannot face each other until the regional championship.

Reaction Score
That can't happen.

Teams from the same league that played only once during the regular season — including the conference tournament — can meet as early as the round of 32.

Teams that met twice during the year can’t see each other until the regional semifinals; teams that met three times cannot face each other until the regional championship.

Well that's good to know, but there are plenty of other Solid teams that will definitely be in line at that 8/9 game.

Should be a fun tournament

Reaction Score
Do you think they have bad teams in the NCAA Tournament? Lol

Some teams that get in have losing records but win their conference tourney. So to respond to your point, yes, some bad teams beat better teams, but not all teams are good. Just check the betting lines on day 1.

My point was not about bad teams, it was about good teams seeded lower than they should.

I couldn't have been clearer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That can't happen.

I recall in 2011 we had to play cincy in the 2nd round. Was that bc too many big east teams or did we not play cincy twice that year?

Nvm just checked we only played cincy once that year. Was still weird to play a conference team in 2nd round.

Reaction Score
I recall in 2011 we had to play cincy in the 2nd round. Was that bc too many big east teams or did we not play cincy twice that year?

Nvm just checked we only played cincy once that year. Was still weird to play a conference team in 2nd round.
The conference also got 11 teams in that year, so that starts to make it really tough for them to create a bracket where everyone avoids each other.

Reaction Score
Some teams that get in have losing records but win their conference tourney. So to respond to your point, yes, some bad teams beat better teams, but not all teams are good. Just check the betting lines on day 1.

My point was not about bad teams, it was about good teams seeded lower than they should.

I couldn't have been clearer
Yes, I get it. We'll play a good team on the 8/9 seed line. Just like always.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

That one worried me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, I get it. We'll play a good team on the 8/9 seed line. Just like always.

The 8-9 line are teams in the 29-36 range. Teams who were in the "also receiving votes" category and a decent chance they were ranked at some point in the season.

The 8-9 seeds are almost always "good".

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The 8-9 line are teams in the 29-36 range. Teams who were in the "also receiving votes" category and a decent chance they were ranked at some point in the season.

The 8-9 seeds are almost always "good".

And a lot of times they're teams that had much higher expectations or were ranked higher and are very talented. In 2012 when we had Drummond and began the year ranked top 5 we ended up on the 8/9 line. Can't imagine Kentucky was too pleased to see that (although they would've wiped the floor with us anyway).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom