UPS Team Performance Index | The Boneyard

UPS Team Performance Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It was put up last week but it is a worthwhile thing to repeat and reconsider.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
They had these stats last year as well. Last year we had superior offensive and defensive efficiencies to Notre Dame, but they were particularly better at the miscues category. Those stats indicated exactly what happened, we were both capable of dominating Notre Dame but losing close ones to them.

This year those stats indicate we would win even the close ones, though I suspect we would/will win by double digits.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
posted a couple of weeks ago after it was mentioned I think in an SI article - at the time I pointed out that the rebounding stat is the one I somewhat question - it is based on percentage of available rebounds which is good, but it does not distinguish between offensive and defensive rebounds available to the team - the general stats show you are likely to get 60-70% of your defensive rebounds/30-40% of your offensive rebounds - so a good percentage shooting team playing against a bad shooting team will have fewer offense chances and more defensive chances so that should help their average. Uconn shooting 50% and their opponents shooting 30% should give Uconn an unfair percentage advantage as most of the rebounds in the game will be defense for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom