Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
They are designing paxkages for you know our lottery pick stud center. Hurley has already said they have different packages designed for when Samson is in there. They all have different unique skill sets.

Do you expect them to be working on things for guys who aren’t expected to see the floor?

We just one a national championship. We clearly have one of the best coaching staffs in the country.

Let’s complain more about guys not getting mop up duty minutes.
Seeing how we were one injury to Clingan or Samson away from Singare needing to give us minutes, I'd assume they'd at least have something simple in place. If not even for this season, just something to give him to work on for the future...

Reaction Score
Seeing how we were one injury to Clingan or Samson away from Singare needing to give us minutes, I'd assume they'd at least have something simple in place. If not even for this season, just something to give him to work on for the future...
You could tell in the STJ game that he knew the base offense and defense.
What they didnt have yet is a group of plays catered to YS's skillset. It would be crazy to spend already limited practice time working on a package for our 11th man.
Now that they know he needs to be on the floor, they'll add a few YS specific plays. No big deal.

Reaction Score
Singare gave good minutes against Joel Soriano.

Add in that he’s a sneeze away from 3 star rankings, and a third string freshman center that has gotten under 15 total minutes before that game? Great job to him!

He’s raw, but he’s a player. Of course Hurley isn’t going to practice sets designed for him at the 5. Remember in college there is legally limited maximum amount you can practice. Singare knew the basic sets which is all he is going to get this year. He did well with that knowledge

Reaction Score
From my experience playing basketball, usually you have base playcalling that everyone knows and can do on the court. You might have specific stuff for certain players but you should never be in a situation where someone who practices everyday with you couldn’t be put in a game situation and have something for them.

I’m hoping that’s moreso what he meant as far as specific stuff. Because there’s no way everyone on the team shouldn’t know some base plays.
I coached for 11 years and can tell you with 100% accuracy that I never put anything into game planning with the 13th player or 3rd string center in mind. Geez, this is ridiculous

Reaction Score
Agree with your last point about the coaches but as to your question, the answer in this case is yes given DC has been injured since Sept / Oct. For the coach to say we had one day to prepare was a bit surprising and indicates certain details have slipped thru the cracks which I would not have expected.
It’s one day to prepare specific sets and rotations. They aren’t practicing offensive sets for their 3rd string who never plays, particularly in recent weeks since Donovan has been back for 6 weeks.

I have no doubt they have been working on improving Singare’s game. I’m just not surprised by the fact that they have nothing set or have been game planning for him to play.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
From my experience playing basketball, usually you have base playcalling that everyone knows and can do on the court. You might have specific stuff for certain players but you should never be in a situation where someone who practices everyday with you couldn’t be put in a game situation and have something for them.

I’m hoping that’s moreso what he meant as far as specific stuff. Because there’s no way everyone on the team shouldn’t know some base plays.
Is your experience on a top 5 D1 program with players that have extremely specialized skills? Clingan and Johnson both play the 5 but it’s not plug and play. Their skill set is so so different.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Is your experience on a top 5 D1 program with players that have extremely specialized skills? Clingan and Johnson both play the 5 but it’s not plug and play. Their skill set is so so different.
Don’t need to qualify my experience to understand what’s possible.

Usually teams have sets and then run plays out of those sets. You should be teaching everyone on the team those basic sets and base plays whether they are playing or not.

Then yeah, you add in specialized plays for the Clingans and Samson’s etc. I’m not sure if Hurley misspoke, but he specified man and zone beater plays. I’m not sure why he wouldn’t teach basic plays to beat both defenses to everyone on the team to keep everyone ready to play if needed.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I swear I was responding to something in this post but I guess the post was deleted lol

Reaction Score
Lock this thread please. The takes here are so bad. Do people really think Singare hasn’t practiced since arriving? Or that our coaching staff really let Singare fall through the cracks?
He was practicing - he played in the Blue White scrimmage and was very active against the starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom