Updates on 2019-20 Schedule | The Boneyard

Updates on 2019-20 Schedule

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Dates and location. ND and Oregon at Gampel and Baylor and Tennessee at XL.

NOVEMBER
10 – CAL
13 – at Vanderbilt
19 – VIRGINIA
24 – at Ohio State
26 – at Dayton

DECEMBER
4/5 – at Seton Hall
8 – NOTRE DAME (Gampel Pavilion)
16 – at DePaul
22 – vs. Oklahoma (Basketball Hall of Fame Showcase, Mohegan Sun Arena)

JANUARY
9 – BAYLOR (XL Center)
23 – TENNESSEE (XL Center)

TBA
OREGON (Gampel Pavilion)
at South Carolina

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Best schedule ever? Mmmm, not sure about that. Not much better than last year's, IMO. Definitely not as good as the two years before that. (Edit: I see the article says "best home schedule," which is probably true since the Baylor, Oregon and Notre Dame games are all at home.)

Baylor and Oregon will almost definitely be preseason top 2.
Notre Dame is rebuilding, but I expect them to be top 10 by February.
South Carolina should be good, better than last year, but a lot will depend on their freshmen.
I expect both Tennessee and Ohio State to be better this year. Maybe in the 18-25 range.
DePaul, after graduation losses, will be weaker. Probably an NCAA bubble team.

But I don't think the games against Cal, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Dayton, Seton Hall and Oklahoma do UConn's schedule many favors.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wish we could get Seton Hall off the schedule. I'd even take any additional conference game before playing them again.

Reaction Score
Best schedule ever? Mmmm, not sure about that. Not much better than last year's, IMO. Definitely not as good as the two years before that. (Edit: I see the article says "best home schedule," which is probably true since the Baylor, Oregon and Notre Dame games are all at home.)

South Carolina should be good, better than last year, but a lot will depend on their freshmen.
I expect both Tennessee and Ohio State to be better this year. Maybe in the 18-25 range.

But I don't think the games against Cal, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Dayton, Seton Hall and Oklahoma do UConn's schedule many favors.

DePaul will not be a bubble team. We lost some to graduation, but we retain a lot of points and have added great talent to the roster including a JUCO big. I can't think of any team in the Big East that can beat us. Marquette lost everyone, Butler lost their two top players, Villanova lost their top two players, and Creighton lost their best player Faber.

Reaction Score
With top teams, the schedule really doesn't matter as long as you win. If you are a bubble team, then the schedule matters.

Reaction Score

I disagree, last year our OOC schedule on paper looked good, but some of the teams had bad seasons. This, to me, looks much, much better.

Reaction Score
I wish we could get Seton Hall off the schedule. I'd even take any additional conference game before playing them again.
@CocoHusky, technically and as usual you are right. But, Geno is compassionate and caring. Seton Hall is a gift to Seton Hall, much like the Okla game. Sherri needs the high lighted exposure. Virgina is for Megan with a home and home for her Graduation year and I get to see one in my own back yard, yipee albeit a year and a half away---who knows what will happens in a year and a half????

Reaction Score
Dates and location. ND and Oregon at Gampel and Baylor and Tennessee at XL.

NOVEMBER
10 – CAL
13 – at Vanderbilt
19 – VIRGINIA
24 – at Ohio State
26 – at Dayton

DECEMBER
4/5 – at Seton Hall
8 – NOTRE DAME (Gampel Pavilion)
16 – at DePaul
22 – vs. Oklahoma (Basketball Hall of Fame Showcase, Mohegan Sun Arena)

JANUARY
9 – BAYLOR (XL Center)
23 – TENNESSEE (XL Center)

TBA
OREGON (Gampel Pavilion)
at South Carolina
Thanks!!!

Reaction Score
We just need to load up on P5 teams as much as possible simply due to the perception that UConn can't handle the grind of playing those teams. If we play 13 games against the same teams ACC or SEC teams play, then that argument becomes moot.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
One of the best things about this schedule is that playing some of these teams we havent seen in a while and playing teams ranked in the 25 is going to give fans in areas where UConn hasnt played much a chance to see them and that will help recruiting.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
DePaul will not be a bubble team. We lost some to graduation, but we retain a lot of points and have added great talent to the roster including a JUCO big. I can't think of any team in the Big East that can beat us. Marquette lost everyone, Butler lost their two top players, Villanova lost their top two players, and Creighton lost their best player Faber.
I'm a fan so I hope you're right. I actually agree DePaul should be the best team in the Big East. But the thing is, I think the BE might be a one-bid league this year. When I say "bubble team" I mean in the event that they lose in the conference tournament. Probably in the 30-45 range of the rankings.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I hate that there is no homecoming games for Molly and Kyla. Even though they weren’t stars, they, like Crystal, still put in the same four years of time and energy into the program.

Reaction Score
I hate that there is no homecoming games for Molly and Kyla. Even though they weren’t stars, they, like Crystal, still put in the same four years of time and energy into the program.
You could say Kyla's is Temple every year, and Molly's is every home game since her parents are a short drive away.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You could say Kyla's is Temple every year, and Molly's is every home game since her parents are a short drive away.

State College is four hours from Philadelphia, Barnstable is three hours from Storrs, and Murfreesboro is three and a half hours from Memphis. If that three to four hour distance is the rationale, none of them should get a homecoming game.

Reaction Score
Yeah -- wish we could have gotten Penn State on the schedule.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yeah -- wish we could have gotten Penn State on the schedule.

492914.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom