Updates from Husky Run | The Boneyard

Updates from Husky Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BVB2PWGCEAAeXrX.jpg
Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 39m
Does Kevin Ollie expect Tyler Olander to play? "That's on him. I can expect a lot of things."

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 38m
Ollie said Omar Calhoun will be ready for season despite not running today.

David Borges@DaveBorges 35m
Kevin Ollie hoping to hear word on Kentan Facey in next few days. #UConn

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 30m
Deandre daniels is the first player, 19:52. Third win in a row #uconnmen husky run

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 29m
Kevin Ollie: "we want to play in the last game. That's everybody's goal" #uconnmen

David Borges@DaveBorges 29m
DeAndre Daniels finishes Husky Run in 19:52, tips among #uconn players. http://www.tout.com/m/ee56bx?ref=twgw637y …

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 29m
Ollie on Tyler Olander. "I'd like him to play but it's on him, I'm evaluating him each and every day" #uconnmen

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 28m
Kevin Ollie on Olander "we all have out vices, we have to sacrifice them". #uconnmen

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 22m
Ryan boatright "my point guard skills are at an all time high." #UConnmen

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 20m
Ryan Boatright on Olander "we tell Tyler the decisions he's made have hurt the team. We need him. I think it got thru this time" #uconnmen

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 12m
Napier: "I cried after the last game because we couldn't play any more. There's a lot of motivation this year. " #UConnmen

David Borges@DaveBorges 6m
Husky Run times: Daniels 19:52, Boatright 20:28, Facey 20:52, Giffey 20:53, Tolksdorf 21:00, Brimah 21:35, Samuel 23:14, Napier 23:23, Nolan 24:53, Kormah 25:02, Purvis 29:36. Purvis still learning about how things are done at #UConn, according to Kevin Ollie.

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe 5m
Facey on waiting to hear about his status with the NCAA: "I know I'm in a good situation regardless."

Reaction Score
Yippee.............................Season has started!!

Reaction Score
Yikes, Purvis. I hope that's just a reflection of something physical and not him dogging it, though Ollie seemed to imply that it was.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Purvis coming in a solid 5 minutes after everyone else... hmmm.

'Purvis still learning about how things are done at #UConn, according to Kevin Ollie.' ... hmmm.

I know that the slow time is not necessarily indicative of anything, but I hope the kid takes this year off seriously.

Reaction Score
Yikes, Purvis. I hope that's just a reflection of something physical and not him dogging it, though Ollie seemed to imply that it was.

Meh I wouldn't worry about it. He isn't playing this year anyway, plus when I was going to school Justin Brown was winning the husky run. Just saying.

Reaction Score
The quote on Purvis cracks me up, for some reason. It sounds like it's directly from a movie. In fact, everything he says sounds like it could be from a movie. He could be the best actor of all-time without ever acting. Basically Will Smith reincarnated as a basketball coach, is what he is.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I love Ollie's comments on Olander. He certainly has an effective way of keeping what happens in Gample stay at Gample. I'm also impressed by Tolksdorf's time in the Husky Run. He didn't win, but despite looking a little slow on the court last year he had a decent time.

D

Deleted member 3149

Haha purvis is the man, I'm sure he just wasn't feeling the whole 5k thing

Reaction Score
I laughed at boatrights quote, when is he not gushing with confidence ?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I laughed at boatrights quote, when is he not gushing with confidence ?

The thing about Boatright that's always given me a bit of a laugh is how much he looks like a young and non-alcoholic version of Uncle Woody from Sanford and Son.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Purvis coming in a solid 5 minutes after everyone else... hmmm.

'Purvis still learning about how things are done at #UConn, according to Kevin Ollie.' ... hmmm.

I know that the slow time is not necessarily indicative of anything, but I hope the kid takes this year off seriously.

Unless he was referring to Purvis not knowing the players' shortcut on the course.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cue the Boatright haters:

Boatright: I'd be a liar if said not thinking about #NBA. It's something I’ve always wanted to achieve my whole life, and I’m so close ...
4:08pm - 25 Sep 13
https://twitter.com/daveborges/status/382959881591865344

Boatright: For me to go to next level, we’re going to have to win games. I tell my teammates, for me to get to where I’m going, I need y’all
4:10pm - 25 Sep 13
https://twitter.com/daveborges/status/382960202384814080

This just confirms he doesn't read the BoneYard.

Reaction Score
Cue the Boatright haters:

Boatright: I'd be a liar if said not thinking about #NBA. It's something I’ve always wanted to achieve my whole life, and I’m so close ...
4:08pm - 25 Sep 13
https://twitter.com/daveborges/status/382959881591865344

Boatright: For me to go to next level, we’re going to have to win games. I tell my teammates, for me to get to where I’m going, I need y’all
4:10pm - 25 Sep 13
https://twitter.com/daveborges/status/382960202384814080

The first quote doesn't bother me -- he wants to get to the League, fine, so should everyone who comes to UConn. Neither does the first half of the second quote -- that's just practical, in order for him to get attention and individual success, the team needs to do well.

Telling his teammates what they need to do so that he can get to the NBA has to rub them the wrong way. Or at least it rubs me the wrong way. Maybe he just said it poorly.

Reaction Score
The first quote doesn't bother me -- he wants to get to the League, fine, so should everyone who comes to UConn. Neither does the first half of the second quote -- that's just practical, in order for him to get attention and individual success, the team needs to do well.

Telling his teammates what they need to do so that he can get to the NBA has to rub them the wrong way. Or at least it rubs me the wrong way. Maybe he just said it poorly.

I don't think he meant it that way. The point he was trying to make is that individual and team goals go hand in hand as far as next season is concerned, and I think he's right. Nobody on the roster has enough talent to make the league putting up good numbers on a bad team (maybe DeAndre, but even that is up for debate). They need to play well individually in addition to collectively for each of them to maximize their NBA prospects. I'm sure Boatright understands that it is also in the best interests of his teammates potential pro careers (DeAndre, Omar, Giffey, Bazz) that he plays well and makes them look good.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

The questions are phrased in a certain way to get the kids to speak from their perspective. These are young basket ball players not BS politicians. A BS politician would have said " we all need to show it on the court by winning if we all want to get to the next level". That is the politically correct way of saying things. I figured with the low congressional approval ratings you would realize that actions are more important than statements.

You want to prejudge a kid who is speaking his ambitions be my guest. And I'll prejudge those who need to have people make statements so their sensitivities can be appeased.

D

Deleted member 3149

I wouldn't read into this stuff too much. 20 year old kids are not politicians, they don't plan out their answers or think twice about how they say things.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't read into this stuff too much. 20 year old kids are not politicians, they don't plan out their answers or think twice about how they say things.
Did you read my post. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1