Updated Roster Chart for 2022 | The Boneyard

Updated Roster Chart for 2022

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Updated my spreadsheet.

1) I didn't make the best effort to assign the education year of the players on the first tab - I will make refinements later this summer after the official new roster is posted by the school for fall 2022.
2) I show 87 scholarship players....as I understand two kids are not returning due to academics which should be public soon when fall practice starts. When you net the two we get back to 85.
3) My depth chart for the OL attempts to be respectful of the guys that were here this spring. Its really impossible at this point to guess where all the new OL transfers will really end up this fall. I expect my depth chart will get some radical reshuffling for this position group.
4) I think we might see some additional changes with the WO unit....for now I left that info as we last knew in this spring.
5) Long term roster comment; this program will be hunting for LBs this offseason as many of our guys are probably on their last year and we dont have enough underclassman.
6) Another comment on LB, with this unit I really am I unsure how they will deploy these guys - I expect the final placement might be rather different than my initial set up.

Reaction Score
Thanks for putting this together. The potential for the most improvement this year is the O-Line. In the past few years, I wondered how they could put 5 guys on the field who could play at this level, (they couldn't). I'm pretty confident that this won't be an issue with this group. Lots of hogs and lots of competition.
The QB room is also much better. Steven Krajewski was a loss, but they still have Puma and 3 new guys who are a huge upgrade.

Reaction Score
You are doing god's work, thank you

Also, I really like the way this team is trending, if I had to pick a spot of weakness I would be worried about our D-Line, but hopefully our freshman can push into minutes in that spot

Reaction Score

Also, I really like the way this team is trending, if I had to pick a spot of weakness I would be worried about our D-Line, but hopefully our freshman can push into minutes in that spot
I believe the D line is in a better position than last year

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Thanks.

I think maybe we play a lot of 3-4 this year to help reduce the burden on the DL unit in terms of having enough worthy/ready guys to rotate.

Reaction Score
OL and DB remain my primary concerns. Yes, we need someone to grab qb reins, but if we can’t block or press cover we will see short possessions on O and wrs running free again.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

I think maybe we play a lot of 3-4 this year to help reduce the burden on the DL unit in terms of having enough worthy/ready guys to rotate.
Do you think Colin McCarthy will play much this season? I thought he would be an impact player when we signed him

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do you think Colin McCarthy will play much this season? I thought he would be an impact player when we signed him
I am optimistic he will contribute this year. Good opportunity ahead- especially over a 12 game season.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we see Zion get some snaps this season if we end up blowing out a couple of teams… I just hope this is the year we play couple freshmen because we’re up by a lot of points to get them some looks and not the other way around;)

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for this! Question: should Jori Benson be somewhere on the list? Transfer from Utah...main reason I ask is he was in "Transfer Student Orientation" yesterday in a group with my daughter.

Got to chat with him for a few minutes after orientation was over. Just arrived on campus this week. Seems like a great kid...smart, polite, excited to be here, loves Coach Mora!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Thanks so much for this! Question: should Jori Benson be somewhere on the list? Transfer from Utah...main reason I ask is he was in "Transfer Student Orientation" yesterday in a group with my daughter.

Got to chat with him for a few minutes after orientation was over. Just arrived on campus this week. Seems like a great kid...smart, polite, excited to be here, loves Coach Mora!

Cool, been waiting on Benson and here’s a wildcard - maybe Jaden Hullabye from Texas to the LB unit?

Benson gives that DL the extra man it needs.

Reaction Score
Cool, been waiting on Benson and here’s a wildcard - maybe Jaden Hullabye from Texas to the LB unit?

Should have also mentioned he's BIG (duh). Maybe not the 294 he's listed at, but BIG. He's looking forward to getting more structured S&C going here at UConn.

Other fun tidbits:
-Says our facilities are much better than the U of U's
-Confident, not cocky. His/team goal is to go at least 6-6 and play in a bowl :)

I think the fall is going to be fun!

Reaction Score

Just read the 247 profile on Jaden Hullaby. Texas slotted him as a LB in his freshman year, but 247 raved about his ability as a running back.

It also appears he might have been moved back to the running back position after TX's spring game.

Assuming we can snag him, any thoughts on what Mora may do with the young man. He's a 3 ⭐ out of HS who also played at the QB position against top competition.

Reaction Score
Just read the 247 profile on Jaden Hullaby. Texas slotted him as a LB in his freshman year, but 247 raved about his ability as a running back.

It also appears he might have been moved back to the running back position after TX's spring game.

Assuming we can snag him, any thoughts on what Mora may do with the young man. He's a 3 ⭐ out of HS who also played at the QB position against top competition.
He'll be comfortable in Storrs. His hometown is Mansfield (TX) . Part of the DFW metro not all that far from where I live.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Well, I think this roster needs another LB rather than an RB...so if we have one more addition to this roster I just think it will come from the LB unit. If our LB unit has one injury the rotational burden will get heavy on the capable guys....one more LB should give us the depth to carry the lift of a 12 game season. Just my opinion, no inside info.

Reaction Score

is Benson eligible? I thought he started at byu.

Reaction Score
Well, I think this roster needs another LB rather than an RB...so if we have one more addition to this roster I just think it will come from the LB unit. If our LB unit has one injury the rotational burden will get heavy on the capable guys....one more LB should give us the depth to carry the lift of a 12 game season. Just my opinion, no inside info.
Well I hope Jim and staff can sell him on the opportunities here. He looks like a diamond in the rough athletically.

Reaction Score
He'll be comfortable in Storrs. His hometown is Mansfield (TX) . Part of the DFW metro not all that far from where I live.
He went to the same high school as Noel Ofori-Nyadu. They played together

Reaction Score
Seems like Hullaby is committed to New Mexico if you look at his Twitter and Insta bios.

Reaction Score
We seem to have lots of young athletic DB's on the roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see one move to RB as it seems a little thin a year or two down the road.

Reaction Score
We seem to have lots of young athletic DB's on the roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see one move to RB as it seems a little thin a year or two down the road.

A couple DB's will likely be turned into LB's similar to Fortt and Swenson.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Heard this was academics related for both....sad ending for our talented East Harford kid KK.
I will revise my roster chart - been sitting on this for a few weeks now.

Reaction Score
Wow that is sad. Kevon was a contributor and one of the few guys who always looked like he belong on the field for a team that didn't have that many guys that looked like that.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom