Updated Grid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Grid

Reaction Score
Nothing that has happened so far has been a surprise.
If Timberlake to KU wasn’t a surprise I hope we can take that to mean his Plan B is already in the works?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Anyone else concerned that next years team may be Clingan, Karaban, Johnson, Diarra
and 5 Freshmen?
No because there is no way a reigning national champion will not be able to fill in all the scholarships they have the year after winning. I think we just have to wait it out on Dre and Tristan. Don’t see much changing until Hurley has a good idea how it will turn out with those two. He may add one player but if he adds more than that before 5/31 I guess that will be telling. But I also saw that our incoming class was upgraded to #3 by ESPN. Once again showing how good our staff is at evaluating. I thing every player we have coming in moved up in the rankings so our overall class rank moves up. I love Dan Hurley and his vision. Loved it when they hired him and he has kept his word. Much respect.

Reaction Score
Nothing that has happened so far has been a surprise.
One expected thing didn’t end up happening, which was a surprise in a positive kind of way.

“Although all three of UConn's assistant coaches (Kimani Young, Tom Moore and Luke Murray) have had conversations with other schools, it appears all three will be back next season.”

Reaction Score
“Although all three of UConn's assistant coaches (Kimani Young, Tom Moore and Luke Murray) have had conversations with other schools, it appears all three will be back next season.”

I think our staff is really excited about next year's team.. They love coaching/skill development and they see the upside of this team despite what some social media outlets are sayin'

Reaction Score

Luke I think is setting himself up here for the long haul. Just a feeling. He seems like he just wants to be a big time basketball coach with minimal distractions aside from the job. The Louisville experience probably gave him the ray Allen mentality of storrs. And bring the son of a very famous celebrity may have tempered the need for fame. Kimani is just waiting for a bigger school or a bigger conference. He may also like Tom moores approach.

Reaction Score
In pretty much every profession the younger, up and coming, guys (managers, coaches, etc.) all want to be "the guy". The President, CEO, Head Coach.

When they get there, if they moved up too quickly they often find it wasn't what they believed it would be or are not ready for all the challenges.

They'll still be coaching, but at the top there's much more to the job. There's politics and schmoozing you're not involved with as an assistant, along with other requirements to successfully run a "program". The "program" you build makes you or breaks you and while a few can rush it and succeed there are many who jump too soon and aren't ready for all the challenges or take a job at which even JC couldn't be successful.

So, if they love working with and developing kids and don't enjoy the other aspects of the job it won't be the dream situation they envisioned. Or, if they jump too high too soon they may not be ready to overcome all the challenges.

Look at DH's career path. He built his resume' with over a decade at a prominent high school followed by great success at a low major, then similar success at a mid major before coming to UConn. He was ready for the challenge in every way.

DH can give his assistants great advice, similar to the advice he probably received from his Dad, George Blaney and others, and help them make the best decision as to what's right for them and what job has real promise for a great future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom