Updated Creme/ESPN Bracketology, 3/12 | The Boneyard

Updated Creme/ESPN Bracketology, 3/12

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Mr. Coffee has updated his bracketology based on the results of games since Monday. UConn is still the #2 overall seed, but the competition in its bracket has changed. Indiana dropped from a #3 to a #4 seed, and it appears that Tennessee has taken its spot on the #3 line. That means UConn is no longer set up to face TN in the Sweet 16; Kentucky is the SEC challenger in that spot instead.

Baylor would now be set to face TN in the #2 vs. #3 (Elite 8) round in UConn's bracket.

Interestingly, the #8 and #9 teams in UConn's bracket (the winner between whom UConn would presumably face in the second round) are Syracuse and Michigan State. Another potential meeting with Syracuse?

Reaction Score
Hello to the Boneyard

If Creme's chalk holds, looks like BU will have to take care of Tennessee for you; and then hopefully we'll see your guys in Elite 8.

Best wishes, and if you're travelling to San Antonio, by all means give yourself an hour or two to visit the RiverWalk. It's not a paid admission thing. Lots of shops and Texana stuff. Mainly just a nice stroll (crowded, but still worth the time.

Travel safely.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Historically, Creme has been good about picking the top 64 teams in the tourney, but the actual committee selections have often been quite different with seedings and placement. Frankly I don't care about being the #2 overall seed. Would rather face aTm in the final 4 anyway.

And honestly, I'd LOVE another shot at Tennessee. We are such a different team since then, especially defensively. I think we'd crush them. I'd also love to see Arkansas in our bracket.

I don't think UCONN is head and shoulders better than everyone else, but there isn't a team out there I "fear". Sure on any given day we could play our B game and "they" could play their A game and we lose, but Geno is great at building teams for March/April, and that's pretty much what we have now - a team built, and ready, for the NCAA's.

Go UCONN!!

Reaction Score
(crowded, but still worth the time.
Hello and welcome @baylorprof, not sure if crowed venues are worth the risk for seniors which make up a large portion of the UConn travel crowd. I don't think your governor has done the right thing to encourage people to travel to Texas. I read where many of the mayors do not agree with him on dropping the mask. Bexar County is still a pretty hot spot. This was updated yesterday 3/11/21

I apologize to the OP for going of topic here but had to express my opinion on that post.
As for Cream I don't worry at all about him he is just another weather man that tells us what he thinks it is going to do. The NCAA will tell us who it will rain on and who will have sunny days ahead. That and who will not need an umbrella for the sun or rain.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mr. Coffee has updated his bracketology based on the results of games since Monday. UConn is still the #2 overall seed, but the competition in its bracket has changed. Indiana dropped from a #3 to a #4 seed, and it appears that Tennessee has taken its spot on the #3 line. That means UConn is no longer set up to face TN in the Sweet 16; Kentucky is the SEC challenger in that spot instead.

Baylor would now be set to face TN in the #2 vs. #3 (Elite 8) round in UConn's bracket.

Interestingly, the #8 and #9 teams in UConn's bracket (the winner between whom UConn would presumably face in the second round) are Syracuse and Michigan State. Another potential meeting with Syracuse?

I'm surprised the committee is so high on Indiana....their only top 25 wins are over a slumping Michigan team and Ohio State. I would much much rather face Indiana as my 3 or 4 than Tennessee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom