Updated Bracketology from Lunardi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Bracketology from Lunardi

Reaction Score
This is the most meaningless drivel that exists only because espn has a 24 hr news cycle and a web page to fill. It stuns me that anybody pays any attention to it at all. UGH!
Said the guy who clicked the thread to check it out

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If you mean post ACC NBE being better than ever - maybe I agree
This NBE league or any league couldn't hold a candle to the heydays of the OBE - not even close
That's actually not true. There were a few years the OBE was ranked #5 or #6 in Ken Pom. This current version has never ranked worse than #5.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's actually not true. There were a few years the OBE was ranked #5 or #6 in Ken Pom. This current version has never ranked worse than #5.
The competition is not nearly the same - not even close
I don't care what somebody's rankings say - the eye test is enough for me
Every game was a bloodbath (except for the occasional DePaul contest) - nearly every team had multiple future NBA players and the physicality cannot compare and how many HoF coaches?
The teams and the rivalries were much stronger then vs now.

But if you are going on only what Ken Pom says - that's fine

I miss the OBE days

Reaction Score
Said the guy who clicked the thread to check it out
I clicked it to post, seeing that this nonsense was appearing among interesting and meaningful topics. I did not give its content the amount of time it has taken for either my original post or this one.

Reaction Score
I clicked it to post, seeing that this nonsense was appearing among interesting and meaningful topics. I did not give its content the amount of time it has taken for either my original post or this one.
You didn't find the introduction about the Big East interesting at all? As I wrote in the OP, that was my only reason for posting this. I apologize in advance if my post wasn't worthy of your attention.

Reaction Score
You didn't find the introduction about the Big East interesting at all? As I wrote in the OP, that was my only reason for posting this. I apologize in advance if my post wasn't worthy of your attention.
No apology necessary. There are enough differing interests and opinions on this forum that what is nonsense to one may be stimulating to others. If you think it is of interest, someone else likely does as well.
As for me personally, anything produced months in advance, such as Bracketology and Mock Drafts, by so called experts aren’t worthy of attention.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No apology necessary. There are enough differing interests and opinions on this forum that what is nonsense to one may be stimulating to others. If you think it is of interest, someone else likely does as well.
As for me personally, anything produced months in advance, such as Bracketology and Mock Drafts, by so called experts aren’t worthy of attention.
And yet, here you are, telling us how much you don't care.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Which is what I said. So we agree on that.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sign me up for this...
1698167918184.png

Two seed in the Boston regional with Duke as the one seed? It just feels right.

CL82

Reaction Score
I did feel like this was a little hurtful toward our Providence friends...
IMG_0605.jpeg

I mean, I'd like to think they have is good to chance of making the tournament as anyone.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I did feel like this was a little hurtful toward our Providence friends...
View attachment 92438
I mean, I'd like to think they have is good to chance of making the tournament as anyone.
Xavier in and Providence out is a take.

Reaction Score
Sign me up for this...
View attachment 92437
Two seed in the Boston regional with Duke as the one seed? It just feels right.
Then you'll like Palm's updated pre-season bracket also.

The Big East has seven teams in the field, including three among the top 10 teams overall.

And yes, I know this means absolutely nothing before any games have been played. So please nobody post that again. We all know.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Then you'll like Palm's updated pre-season bracket also.

The Big East has seven teams in the field, including three among the top 10 teams overall.

And yes, I know this means absolutely nothing before any games have been played. So please nobody post that again. We all know.

There’s nothing only six Big East teams in. He can’t count his own work.

Reaction Score
There’s nothing only six Big East teams in. He can’t count his own work.
Wait, isn't he supposed to be the numbers guy? Lol. Yeah, I took that right from his write up of the brackets. 7 did seem kind of high to me when I read that.

Maybe he counted PC by mistake, who he has in the first four out. Kind of like recruiting, maybe he figured they had as good a chance as anyone and just put them in.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I just hope he is right. Because on my wish list would be an elite 8 game against Dook. Where we are underdogs and Hurley out coaches Scheyer and we beat them. Not sure if I prefer a blow out or rip your insides out last minute buzzer beater. And it would be great if the nations #1 recruit was in the stands to watch it up close and personal so they can see how huge of a mistake they made in choosing Dook.

CL82

Reaction Score
ESPN makes all these staff cuts but keeps a guy that is doing Bracketology in November
Probably is not particularly expensive and as seen from this thread, he generates clicks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom