Updated 247 2021 Rankings | The Boneyard

Updated 247 2021 Rankings

Reaction Score

54 (50 Composite). Rahsool Diggins +8
56 (51). Jordan Hawkins -8
71 (74). Samson Johnson +4

Best recruitig class by ranking since "top 5," right?

I think the 30-80 range is a great place for Hurley to he targeting. No g-league threat, 2+ year players, and no one is swooping in with a last minute offer to UK/Duke.

Then we can target 5* guys more judiciously.

Reaction Score
Best recruitig class by ranking since "top 5," right?

I think the 30-80 range is a great place for Hurley to he targeting. No g-league threat, 2+ year players, and no one is swooping in with a last minute offer to UK/Duke.

Then we can target 5* guys more judiciously.
247 has the top 5 class ranked 8th based on their rankings and 12th based on composite. This year is currently 10th and 11th, so either slightly worse or better

Reaction Score
Big riser on 247 and in general:

Tyrese Hunter from Racine up to number 35 in the rankings now and a composite top 40 player.

Said it early this guy was underrated. That’s no longer the case.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Tyrese Hunter from Racine up to number 35 in the rankings now and a composite top 40 player.

He's awesome, was my favorite pg we were recruiting.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
These recruits of ours the last couple years are ranked remarkably similarly. #50-100. We clearly have a type.

Reaction Score
These recruits of ours the last couple years are ranked remarkably similarly. #50-100. We clearly have a type.
That's without a major summer AAU circuit and who knows what for their senior HS games.. Still underrated!!

Reaction Score
From Recruiting Roundtable:
1. Which player would you have been in support of ranking higher?

London: The player I would support in ranking higher would be UConn commit Samson Johnson. I have gotten to see Johnson play on multiple occasions and his defensive ability and finishing around the rim is very impressive. Another part of his game that stands out to me is the way he moves his feet and guards the one through five. Johnson will be a great addition to Dan Hurley and the Huskies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From Recruiting Roundtable:
1. Which player would you have been in support of ranking higher?

London: The player I would support in ranking higher would be UConn commit Samson Johnson. I have gotten to see Johnson play on multiple occasions and his defensive ability and finishing around the rim is very impressive. Another part of his game that stands out to me is the way he moves his feet and guards the one through five. Johnson will be a great addition to Dan Hurley and the Huskies.

There it is. Defensive ability. This pleases me. I like the “type” we seem to be targeting. Tough, athletic kids who have skills and upside but aren’t finished products like the top 5 stars. That’s a winning recipe. Given the impressive results our guys have had at putting on muscle, we can very much be a nasty team for anybody to play.

Any thoughts on what Hurley does with the expected 4th ship for JB? I don’t think I we have a need for another freshman.

Reaction Score
There it is. Defensive ability. This pleases me. I like the “type” we seem to be targeting. Tough, athletic kids who have skills and upside but aren’t finished products like the top 5 stars. That’s a winning recipe. Given the impressive results our guys have had at putting on muscle, we can very much be a nasty team for anybody to play.

Any thoughts on what Hurley does with the expected 4th ship for JB? I don’t think I we have a need for another freshman.
I think we'll end up taking a regular transfer in the spring. Seems like we're set with freshman and freshman/effectively freshman next year (Springs/Brown) and we'll have a pretty strong class of guys who will be graduating/potentially leaving early (Adams/Cole and Jackson/Akok/Sanogo). Seems like a nice time to add a nice sophomore/junior wing, preferably one who can play defense

Reaction Score
I think we'll end up taking a regular transfer in the spring. Seems like we're set with freshman and freshman/effectively freshman next year (Springs/Brown) and we'll have a pretty strong class of guys who will be graduating/potentially leaving early (Adams/Cole and Jackson/Akok/Sanogo). Seems like a nice time to add a nice sophomore/junior wing, preferably one who can play defense
Agree with your 2021 scenario but also most of the moves you've suggested are relevant to the needs for 2022..Roster construction/movement will be critical for 2022 with more probable roster vacancies than are currently being projected.. Sign of a Program on the rise..Chief is focused on 2022 recruiting class as we all should be..

Reaction Score
Agree with your 2021 scenario but also most of the moves you've suggested are relevant to the needs for 2022..Roster construction/movement will be critical for 2022 with more probable roster vacancies than are currently being projected.. Sign of a Program on the rise..Chief is focused on 2022 recruiting as we all should be..
Fair, though I think you always have to recruit looking a year ahead, especially in the spring. Just like Martin was talked about as a Bouk replacement for 2021 and can still help this season, I think there's value in doing the same thing again

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
They are each great gets. The one I’m highest on is Hawkins - he can dominate a game off the ball, which is something we haven’t had in a long time. I think all 3 have a shot to play at the next level, but I think his game in particular is tailor made for the league.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
every analyst keeps sayin that samson should be ranked higher but no one pulls the trigger

Uh..he committed to UConn usually an automatic minus 20. Unlike UNC, Duke or UK a plus 20. Nobody who goes to UConn can be any good.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
To be clear.. The moves could happen at the end of 2020 season and/or 2021 season.. I got hammered early in my Boneyard career for suggesting 6 openings for 2022 roster.. I have backed off of that prediction intentionally.. But I agree with many of your views on the roster going forward..

We aren’t allowed to talk about it. But all 3 seniors technically have an extra year. And Adams stated that he wanted to graduate in 3 years. With Bouk, that’s 5 spots next year, in theory. I actually hate mega classes. But I don’t think any of us can predict things now. 2022 would potentially be a very small class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We aren’t allowed to talk about it. But all 3 seniors tech have an extra year. And Adams stated that he wanted to graduate in 3 years. With Bouk, that’s 5 spots next year, in theory. I actually hate mega classes. But I don’t think any of us can predict things now. 2022 would potentially be a very small class.
Deleted previous reply to navery12 per your post.. My bad..

Reaction Score

From Caron's neighborhood, so DH probably wouldn't have worried about his toughness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom