Updated 2024 Spring Roster | The Boneyard

Updated 2024 Spring Roster

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Other observations:

Bo Estes (TE) - no longer listed <--now I understand the offer to Billy Crookston/Memphis

Jordan Wright (DB) - transfer from Kansas State not yet listed
Malachi McLean (DB) - transfer from NM not yet listed
Deon Biggins (DB) - transfer from MS Gulf Community College still not listed (and was never announced as signed by the school)

2024 HS kids not yet on campus:
Cooper Ackerman
Deron McLaughlin
Jon Morris
Diego Rodriguez
Terrace Smith Jr
Dominic Toy
Ethan Hogg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Other observations:

Bo Estes (TE) - no longer listed <--now I understand the offer to Billy Crookston/Memphis

Jordan Wright (DB) - transfer from Kansas State not yet listed
Malachi McLean (DB) - transfer from NM not yet listed
Deon Biggins (DB) - transfer from MS Gulf Community College still not listed (and was never announced as signed by the school)

2024 HS kids not yet on campus:
Cooper Ackerman
Deron McLaughlin
Jon Morris
Diego Rodriguez
Terrace Smith Jr
Dominic Toy
Ethan Hogg

Diego was on the spring roster

Attachments

• IMG_2478.jpeg
    IMG_2478.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 276
Reaction Score
I sorted the list by position. There were 40 Freshmen and RS Freshmen. There will be ample opportunity for kids to step up.

Mora filled some holes in the right spots.

I’d like to see another experienced WR given the loss of Ross and the UCLA kid. Also one more LB.

There are ample numbers of home grown OL and DL. Couple of transfers but we seem to be going to other positions for transfers.
Glad Dixon stayed. Combine that with a couple of experienced transfers. We got something I think.

Spring Practice around the corner.

Time to watch UCONN baseball ⚾️.

Reaction Score
I sorted the list by position. There were 40 Freshmen and RS Freshmen. There will be ample opportunity for kids to step up.

Mora filled some holes in the right spots.

I’d like to see another experienced WR given the loss of Ross and the UCLA kid. Also one more LB.

There are ample numbers of home grown OL and DL. Couple of transfers but we seem to be going to other positions for transfers.
Glad Dixon stayed. Combine that with a couple of experienced transfers. We got something I think.

Spring Practice around the corner.

Time to watch UCONN baseball ⚾️.
And UConn hockey. I'm going to the CT Ice final tonight. Hope to see some Boneyarders there.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we're pretty excited about what we have on OL already, considering what we've lost and not too much focus on bringing more experience (portal kids) in. If the case, we might be in a better position than any of us might think
Lots of young Big Boys.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we're pretty excited about what we have on OL already, considering what we've lost and not too much focus on bringing more experience (portal kids) in. If the case, we might be in a better position than any of us might think
An OL generally needs to gel more so than any other position group. We brought in a lot of OL in year 1 under Jimmy; let’s see what we’ve got and if they’re ready to step up and stick together for 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
The players are listed at their current year. When they return in the fall the sophomores will be juniors and the frosh will be sophomores.
Lots of kids that haven’t played. Doesn’t make any difference how they’re classed.

40 sophomores that haven’t played

Reaction Score
Lots of kids that haven’t played. Doesn’t make any difference how they’re classed.

Believe it or not, I count 15 players listed as Fr or RFr that did play last year, although 5 played only 1 game and 3 played 3 or 4 games to preserve their redshirt. And, about 15 of those 40 on the roster are walk-ons. That said, there are still some Fr that aren't on the roster yet.

Having 40 to 60 Fr or RFr on a FBS roster is about the norm. You have ~20 to 25 incoming recruits plus 10 to 20 Fr from the previous year who redshirt plus walk ons. Alabama had 55 Fr and RFr on the roster last season. Nebraska had 62.

Some of the players listed as Fr or RFr who played more than 4 games last year:

Murawski. 11
Davis. 10
Hudson. 9
Hardy. 8
Domino. 8
Hicks 6
Diamonde. 5

Reaction Score

This is very interesting. Wondering how this pays off.

Reaction Score

I don't consider juniors "young players."

Reaction Score
Any takers on guessing our 2 deep? ( Yup, I'm making stuff up... With all the roster churning that has happened, would be a little complex at certain spots, but, it's better than crickets.... )

Reaction Score
Any takers on guessing our 2 deep? ( Yup, I'm making stuff up... With all the roster churning that has happened, would be a little complex at certain spots, but, it's better than crickets.... )
Here's a chart I put together (subject to change or correction, from what I've seen) that might help with that-

(click to enlarge)
1709940087970.jpeg

Reaction Score
Here's a chart I put together (subject to change or correction, from what I've seen) that might help with that-

(click to enlarge)
View attachment 97398

This is yeoman's works.

My initial takeaways are that we are VERY deep at RB and the team will need the depth pieces from this past years offensive line to really step up

Reaction Score
This is an absolutely superb job by Blades.

Is Terrence Smith Jr. the son former safety Terry Smith who played in the Orlovsky era?

Reaction Score
Morning! Any idea when spring practice starts? How about blue white scrimmage, any date yet?

Reaction Score

(click to enlarge)
View attachment 97398

I may be wrong, but i think this is missing the CB Archie. He entered the portal and then withdrew IIRC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom