Updated 2014 ESPN Rankings | The Boneyard

Updated 2014 ESPN Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
DH not only dropped to 26, but lost a star. Good thing for us this isn't Super Mario Bros. and we don't need stars to beat the "boss"... oh, and it's also a good thing that ESPN rankings and their "stars" matter a total of 0% when we win back to back NCs.

Reaction Score
Goodman probably had him as a 2-star.

I wouldn't be surprised. He's already taken cheap shots at the kid on twitter. I know some of us tweet at recruits we really like, but for a grown man to insult a high schoolers game on twitter is disgusting. As far as ESPN is concerned Goodman is a BAD HIRE

Reaction Score
That's BS. Hamilton is much better than both of the tOSU guys in front if him (not Russell, that kids legit). And they took a shot at Lyle, too IMO. I would say Hamilton-Oubre is closer to a push than a dominant Oubre victory, as espn has rated. Plus no Kasongo has me mad. Poor job, ESPN

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know where DH was ranked in the beginning of the summer? He was lower than 17th, and then mid summer he was bumped up to 17. I'm wondering if there's some internal glitch going on at ESPN that has old rankings up, because if you've noticed they also have UConn as the 10th best recruiting class in the country right now (go to Connecticut recruits for 2014 and you'll see a tab "class rankings"). We were ranked at 10 at the beginning of the summer right when DH committed and then dropped off as more and more schools racked up more than 1 ESPN100 recruits. It's strange that we would be back in the top 10 after not having added any more recruits unless ESPN was experiencing some sort of glitch online.

Just a thought.

D

Deleted member 3149

I used to care so much about these rankings- then I realized that they mean absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
While that glitch theory is wishful thinking, DH was number 27, then moved up to 17, and now down to 26. And maybe those are their predictions for final rankings, after we ink Kasongo, Robinson and Lyle.

Reaction Score
DH not only dropped to 26, but lost a star. Good thing for us this isn't Super Mario Bros. and we don't need stars to beat the "boss"... oh, and it's also a good thing that ESPN rankings and their "stars" matter a total of 0% when we win back to back NCs.

If he chose Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas, he would be the second coming of LBJ.

Reaction Score
Anyone else willing to bet that DH would make Goodman's top 20 if (heaven forbid) he chose to join his brother at UCLA?
No. For some reason, he has a serious disdain for the Hamiltons.

Reaction Score
Anyone else willing to bet that DH would make Goodman's top 20 if (heaven forbid) he chose to join his brother at UCLA?

No, he can't stand the whole family. When Isaac went to UCLA he called it a "risk" for UCLA.

Reaction Score
So kasongo destroys a frontcourt of two of the top three ranked players and he doesn't even get a profile? Makes total sense

Reaction Score

The weird thing to me is that Hamilton may have indeed been recklessly chucking when Goodman watched him play. But it was one throwaway weekend at a stupid AAU tourney after he had already committed - maybe he was playing with riff-raff and the coach wanted him to shoot a lot, or he was just simply using the tournament to work on some things. Getting good shots off under heavy defensive pressure -fadeaways, quick pullups, etc. - is a skill that requires some practice in game settings.

He played with his HS team just recently in an out of season event and had 17 points and 10 assists, after averaging 7 apg last year. I'll grant you that HS stats can leave a little be desired, and the scorer might be generous, but he would still have to give up the ball to get those numbers.

So in Goodman's world, the one weekend he saw him play at some AAU event defines who he is as a player, and not his body of work in a structured system.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The AAC kids generally were treated rather harshly.

Hamilton dropped nine spots and two other kids were just flushed out entirely.

The conference has a grand total of three top 100 kids, as per ESPN - or one less than Seton Hall and Providence combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom