Update (sort of) Warde to meet face-to-face with P "this week" | The Boneyard

Update (sort of) Warde to meet face-to-face with P "this week"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While we've been bantering Desmond got back to Warde tonight . (disappointed medic didn't bring this to our attention) . . I think I prefer the Pat Haden tarmac model, but I hope "this week" doesn't mean freaking Wednesday or Thursday. Still think Warde blew it by not telling P to skip the presser

Paul Pasqualoni knows the calls for his job are out there and have been out there.
None of them has come from athletic director Warde Manuel, the person who will decide the UConn football coach's future.
No, this is going to require a face-to-face meeting and it will happen this week, a bye week for the Huskies, Manuel said Sunday night.
"Twelve hours, 18, 24 hours after the fact, whatever it is, my position has not changed from what I told you after the game. This is unacceptable."

Manuel said he hasn't yet decided Pasqualoni's future but repeated that he reserves the right to make a move at any time.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Susie issue a statement saying she is evaluating the entire athletic department starting with Mr. Paradise Island, and but she doesn't know a field goal from goalie.

Reaction Score
Before his meeting Warde should have specific plays burned onto a DVD and ask P, why players are jogging during live plays. No competent head coach would tolerate that. I doubt P even notices.

Reaction Score
Before his meeting Warde should have specific plays burned onto a DVD and ask P, why players are jogging during live plays. No competent head coach would tolerate that. I doubt P even notices.

If I could find the game online, I'd send it in for him. WTF happened to the recroding on espn?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if that piece of garbage walked out of the Pillsbury dough boy's office with an extension.

Reaction Score
"Totally Unacceptable!"

"I know. Gotta take care of the little things. The big things will...."

"Glad we got that cleared up. I'm starving. How 'bout you?"

Reaction Score
P is a garbage HC, but the efforts of a few of the players warranted a woody Hayes like face mask yank on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Warde needs to use philosophy right from Aaron Hernandez's tattoos. "if it is to be, it is up to me".

Reaction Score
If it was going to be done it would have already been done.

Not necessarily, it is a bye week. They could cut him loose on Thursday and the new coach would still have more than a week to prepare for the next game.

I hope PP is gone sooner rather than later, but I'm okay with the school taking a couple of days to sort everything out. After they fire PP they need to name a successor (probably just an interim coach), maybe they are deciding who that should be and don't plan on firing PP until they make up their mind.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
[ he hasn't yet decided Pasqualoni's future but repeated that he reserves the right to make a move at any time.[/quote]

Manuel said he needs to look at film first before talking with him.

Reaction Score
If it was going to be done it would have already been done.

I give him until Tuesday. That's enough time to look things over, probably talk to a few players to see if he's lost them (easy answer), and decide the benefits of firing him now.

Makes him look like he did it on his terms and not the fans and the media.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You guys know me and you know how optimistic I can be at times. I'm going to drink some whiskey and tell myself that he is taking his time because he hasn't squared away with the "interim" guys yet, and he just needs to figure out who's covering what before he hits the "PPGDL Eject" button...

Reaction Score
I'll give him till Friday.

It's going to take a couple days to negotiate Lane Kiffin's contract. :confused:

Reaction Score
You guys know me and you know how optimistic I can be at times. I'm going to drink some whiskey and tell myself that he is taking his time because he hasn't squared away with the "interim" guys yet, and he just needs to figure out who's covering what before he hits the "PPGDL Eject" button...

That makes total sense. Now I'm really worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom