Update on Saniya Chong | The Boneyard

Update on Saniya Chong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ossining took it on the chin in Arizona....lost all three games by around 20. They play in a day or so at the Westchester County Center in White Plains agaisnt St. Anthony's of Long Island....a team that also played in Arizona so it will be interesting to see how Ossining reacts to 3 losses in a row. They host Christ The King on January 4....hope we get some courtside wisdom from Tony!

BTW: in their last game against a Las Vegas team they led 57-56 after three quarters and got blown out in the 4th...29-7. I assume a case of lack of depth? We have read that they are down a player who moved to Virginia before the season started. Saniya h ad 39 in that last game.

Over the 7 games they have played Saniya is averaging a bit over 30 a game...with assists pretty close to double digits.

Here's hoping that their Arizona experience prepares them for the NY state tournaments in March.

Given our current roster for next year as of now, I would think there is an opportunity for Saniya to get some significant PT if she proves herself in practices. Losing Caroline The Younger and Kelly will hurt but I figure we will be strong in the backcourt nonetheless.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks, Blake. It seemed that Ossining competed in stretches, including 3 quarters of their last game, but were not quite ready or able to do so for a full game. The competition in Phoenix was very tough, so Ossining was not disgraced at all. Hopefully, their experience will toughen and prepare them, rather than discouraging them. They should still be able to have a successful season. As a wise man said, how they handle adversity shows more than the ability to avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom