Update On Recruiting Targets And Scholarships | The Boneyard

Update On Recruiting Targets And Scholarships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lady Huskies working to keep future bright
Published: Friday, June 03, 2016
By Jim Fuller

With the addition of former Duke star Azura’ Stevens and Kentucky forward Batouly Camara as transfers, UConn has two scholarships remaining in the Class of 2015 with scholarship offers out to Megan Walker, the top-rated player in the class, and Mikayla Coombs. If they both opt to sign with the Huskies it would be the first time UConn used all of its available scholarships since the 2000-01 season.

Commitments by Coombs and Walker could allow UConn to have another eye-opening class. While there’s plenty of work yet to be done for the UConn coaches for the following year’s class, the possibilities are rather intriguing.

The Huskies are pursuing Texas post player Charli Collier, the top-ranked player in the class according to ESPN, while No. 2 rated Christyn Williams has already taken an unofficial visit. No. 5 Sedona Prince, No. 6 Aquira DeCosta and No. 7 Honesty Scott-Grayson are other players who have drawn varying amount of interest from the Huskies. Collier, Williams, Prince and DeCosta are among 18 players remaining in contention for the 12-member U.S. team playing in the FIBA U-17 World Championship.

“They are recruiting me and their relationship with me is growing,” Collier said. “I try to keep in touch every now and then. It is pretty cool talking to a legendary coach like (Auriemma). Not only is he a good coach, but he gives good advice to me going forward.”

[LINK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS