Update on Muhl. | The Boneyard

Update on Muhl.

Reaction Score
Is she walking, no boot? Is she riding a bike, practicing, what????? Can she play. I am fearing if she could not play for 1 minute versus Baylor she can't be ready to play much on Friday, or maybe coach knew we had it in the bag, even with 20 seconds to go, and kept her out for safety's sake.

Reaction Score
If she is good to go, I think I would use her in a rotation on McD. Maybe start with Muhl till the media time out. Then put Williams on her for the rest of the quarter. No one gets it foul trouble, hopefully. Second quarter do the same. McD never gets comfortable with who is guarding her. If any foul issues, bring in Audrey and let her do it for 5 minutes. Rinse and repeat in the second half.

Reaction Score
Is she walking, no boot? Is she riding a bike, practicing, what????? Can she play. I am fearing if she could not play for 1 minute versus Baylor she can't be ready to play much on Friday, or maybe coach knew we had it in the bag, even with 20 seconds to go, and kept her out for safety's sake.
”Had it in the bag”...... were we watching the same game? It literally went down to .8 seconds and nothing was certain until that final buzzer went off.

Reaction Score
If I have to guess, I would say she won't play. Go look at the end of the game celebration and you can see Nika still favors her foot/ankle when she went out to the court to celebrate, but she is one tough cookie so we'll wait and see. If she is not 100%, she won't be able to keep up with Aari McDonald, heck she may not be able to keep up with Aari even if she was 100%.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConnCat is "Johnny on the spot" with answers today-....so any suggestions for POWERBALL tonight? :rolleyes:
I would go with 5, 10, 13, 20 & 22. That’s UConn’s starting lineup with Nika. As an alternative you could try 3, 5, 13, 20 & 22 which is UConn’s lineup with Aaliyah in for Nika.

Of course the powerball in either case should be 5, which is Paige’s number. I expect you will be buying the first round after you win.

Reaction Score
Not good news. High ankle sprains are at least 3-4 week injuries, and thats to play at less than 100%. Speed & quickness are critical for her game, so this is not ideal. My guess is AG (and then Ana) will get most of here minutes.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would go with 5, 10, 13, 20 & 22. That’s UConn’s starting lineup with Nika. As an alternative you could try 3, 5, 13, 20 & 22 which is UConn’s lineup with Aaliyah in for Nika.

Of course the powerball in either case should be 5, which is Paige’s number. I expect you will be buying the first round after you win.
Thanks Oldude and while a always admire and respect your views, you're not UConnCat who had all the "CORRECT" answers...I mean you did go for a walk and miss the announcement on Paige-who leaves the house without their phone and notifications on? :rolleyes:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Not good news. High ankle sprains are at least 3-4 week injuries, and thats to play at less than 100%. Speed & quickness are critical for her game, so this is not ideal. My guess is AG (and then Ana) will get most of here minutes.
crap,crap,crap!!!!!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
if she can play at all ... maybe if the game is 'well in hand'-- out of respect for contributions (that would be nice!)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Thanks Oldude and while a always admire and respect your views, you're not UConnCat who had all the "CORRECT" answers...I mean you did go for a walk and miss the announcement on Paige-who leaves the house without their phone and notifications on? :rolleyes:
You may well be correct. But you’re going to feel terrible if you don’t drop $2 each on my picks and one set or the other hits. I believe the jackpot is currently $80 million.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I hope she can play, but don't hold my breath. And AG and Anna are good choices in her absence. I think Anna could have helped spell for EW and Paige vs Baylor. They were both gassed late in that game. I do not believe EW scored at all in second half.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
”Had it in the bag”...... were we watching the same game? It literally went down to .8 seconds and nothing was certain until that final buzzer went off.
He meant he was half in the bag when he wrote that.

Reaction Score
I hope she can play, but don't hold my breath. And AG and Anna are good choices in her absence. I think Anna could have helped spell for EW and Paige vs Baylor. They were both gassed late in that game. I do not believe EW scored at all in second half.
I found myself screaming at the set for Geno to put Anna in. AG is good for a spark but the offense suffers. I realize he was trying to counteract Baylor’s bigs but I think it cost us points. Don’t get me wrong, I love the energy AG brings to the game, energy missing with Nika out, but she’s a spot player. She still looks lost on offense and it isn’t just her lack of scoring punch—we don’t move the ball as well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Early in the third Evina did a funny little hop after a collision. I think (and don't really know) that she may have aggravated that knee at that time. Most of her shots were short from that point on.

Reaction Score
Who would Anna have guarded? It would not have been a good match up for her.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
I found myself screaming at the set for Geno to put Anna in. AG is good for a spark but the offense suffers. I realize he was trying to counteract Baylor’s bigs but I think it cost us points. Don’t get me wrong, I love the energy AG brings to the game, energy missing with Nika out, but she’s a spot player. She still looks lost on offense and it isn’t just her lack of scoring punch—we don’t move the ball as well.
Aubrey's post defense when Edwards and then Ono were out with foul trouble saved the game for UConn. That's why she was in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom