Update on Katie Lou, Kyla | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Update on Katie Lou, Kyla

sun

Reaction Score
As an aside, what do you think Geno and CD are going to do about the 2 additional coach options?

Did Tina recently show up for a job interview?
Recently there's been more than one Courant article about the entire UConn Athletic Dept. operating deficit which IIRC is about $7 mil per year.
It seemed to me that the Athletic Director hasn't made a decision yet about incurring new costs because of an agreement to reduce the ongoing deficit problems by 25% annually starting in 2023.
UConn's commitment to continue funding so many nationally ranked Div. 1 sports is up in the air because the AD said that he's not sure how to fund all of the programs while implementing cost cutting measures.
In short, it's probably not up to Geno & CD to make a decision about new hirings, at least not yet since those funding decisions are made by the administrators above them.
On the positive side, the article said that the UConn President is a firm believer in supporting UConn's Div. 1 sports. But the UConn budget and how much the state legislature will fund it in the future is always an ongoing battle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe that had already happened with Ohio State a few year's back with Mitchell's dad being an assistant coach with Kevin McGufff.
Not being cognizant of the details of the that specific situation I felt that it would not be proper to include it in my post. My concern is that going forward that the availability of additional assistant coaching positions could be abused.

Reaction Score
Thank you. It worked perfectly and was a joy to read. When Lou played with the Huskiies, she was by far my favorite player the wlole 4 years she was there. I have watched her game against USF more than 20 times and will probably do 20 more, the best game I ever saw with 10 for 10 in 3's. I really felt for her when she broke her foot and didn't play in the NC. I believe she playe the first half with the broken foot until she didn't enter the game in the second half. Lou was a joy to watch. especially her quick release and seemingly lack of effort to shoot. what ever she does in the future, I will follow her career and wish her the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom