Update On Injured Huskies Via Geno | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Update On Injured Huskies Via Geno

Reaction Score
Here we are looking at 3 players dealing with terrible injuries, on top of what the team went through all year. These kids are tough as nails and terrific just to go through all of what they do to be excellent. Practice and workouts all year long. Rehabs. School work on top of that. Division 1 sports is a full time job as far as I'm concerned. As a small time player that's how I remember it. You get home from practice maybe at 9:30 PM after training table. I had a part time job also as I needed the money. It's extremely hard even when healthy. They are heros.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There is no need to say anything negative about Piath. We know nothing which would warrant that. If a player just wants to go to another school for whatever reason that's their choice.
I hope Piath finds a good home. I am worried it is getting too late. Don't most places have summer session deadlines?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope Piath finds a good home. I am worried it is getting too late. Don't most places have summer session deadlines?
Even though Piath is still a work in progress, with the dearth of Bigs around the country, I would have thought that a 6’5” kid who can run the floor would have appealed to a number of D1 programs. Summer sessions typically start in June. So I guess we’ll know soon, one way or another.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Even though Piath is still a work in progress, with the dearth of Bigs around the country, I would have thought that a 6’5” kid who can run the floor would have appealed to a number of D1 programs. Summer sessions typically start in June. So I guess we’ll know soon, one way or another.
I am still hoping she finds a Big East team where she gets a crack at us.

Reaction Score
Would like to see Piath sign with a team where she could start and fully develop and prove her skills. Like OldDude, getting concerned that its taking an unexpected amount of time for her to find the next opportunity. For her sake, don't care what team, what level, or what league as long as they have the basketball and academic programs that align with her future goals.

Reaction Score
I know that at some point during the season I noticed that Caroline appeared to have a short stride for such a tall girl I would imagine the hip injury had something to do with that. She still had quick burst ability but I would imagine it was painful knowing what we know now about to hip injury. I completely agree with you that a healthy Caroline with the freedom of movement is a scary proposition for their opponents. there’s just something about her maybe it’s the fact that she came in a little under the radar and that Axzi and Paige still got all the hype. I think for me it’s the high basketball IQ and grit and determination from someone I didn’t really know all that much about.

The main reason She was under the radar was the NE prep league she played in. It's an insular league, not playing many OOC games, if any. And these prep schools don't get much press, which is how these schools want it. I think the players get better coaching than at most public high schools but don't get seen unless they play on a travel team. These preps have been used for decades to develop boy's HS players. More than one UConn mens star came out of that league.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The main reason She was under the radar was the NE prep league she played in. It's an insular league, not playing many OOC games, if any. And these prep schools don't get much press, which is how these schools want it. I think the players get better coaching than at most public high schools but don't get seen unless they play on a travel team. These preps have been used for decades to develop boy's HS players. More than one UConn mens star came out of that league.
The main reason Caroline was not more highly touted nationally was due to her ACL injury (2017) and a torn labrum in (2018). Caroline was making noise nationally starting as early as 2015 when ESPN ranked her an elite prospect. By 2016 Caroline was being nationally tracked by BlueStar 30. The knee injury prevented her from taking part in the 2017 U16 trials and although she did participate 2018 she was not fully recovered and did not make the team. Caroline was highly ranked prior to her enrolling at Noble and Greenough High School. Not only did those injures impede her HS progress but they also prevented her from playing for one of the high profile AAU programs which was far more significant than the HS season. Once she was fully healthy Caroline made up for lost time quickly. I believe she spent an extra year of HS (Post-graduate year?) and she move to play for the Exodus AAU in NYC.

Reaction Score
I wonder if that's why Ducharme went a bit downhill. She was amazing starting for a while even winning a game for us on a last second shot. Then it seemed she feel off the rest of the season. I'm assuming it was the hip injury and not a freshman inconsistency since she seems experienced for a freshman.
Paul: Caroline was a Freshman, ranked 37, way behind Fudd or Paige as a freshman. She played better than the Juniors or Seniors for the period Paige was OUT. He "down hill" occurred when Paige returned, the game was a different game from then on. Paige led, Caroline followed.
Sorry, if I get mentally torn away unless a Caroline Comment is 200 percent for her. She could almost lay down during the jump ball and I'd think that great.
She is the first freshman, other than Paige, that has impressed me since Stewie. Ifr this injury doesn't hold her back the moon's her limit. Yea, I'm a Caroline fan.

Reaction Score
I wonder if that's why Ducharme went a bit downhill. She was amazing starting for a while even winning a game for us on a last second shot. Then it seemed she feel off the rest of the season. I'm assuming it was the hip injury and not a freshman inconsistency since she seems experienced for a freshman.
What is amazing is that she was our go to scorer for a third of the season and in the NCAA championship game she looked like she was a go to scorer besides Paige. When Caroline is healthy I expect her, Azzi, and Paige to lite it up!!!!

Reaction Score
Paul: Caroline was a Freshman, ranked 37, way behind Fudd or Paige as a freshman. She played better than the Juniors or Seniors for the period Paige was OUT. He "down hill" occurred when Paige returned, the game was a different game from then on. Paige led, Caroline followed.
Sorry, if I get mentally torn away unless a Caroline Comment is 200 percent for her. She could almost lay down during the jump ball and I'd think that great.
She is the first freshman, other than Paige, that has impressed me since Stewie. Ifr this injury doesn't hold her back the moon's her limit. Yea, I'm a Caroline fan.
IIRC Caroline was ranked #5 coming out of high school. Fudd was ranked #1, and the next three all signed with South Carolina. IMHO Caroline should have been at least #2, especially now that we know she’s been playing hurt from day one. The poll isn’t perfect, consider also Olivia Miles ranked #8.

Reaction Score
IIRC Caroline was ranked #5 coming out of high school. Fudd was ranked #1, and the next three all signed with South Carolina. IMHO Caroline should have been at least #2, especially now that we know she’s been playing hurt from day one. The poll isn’t perfect, consider also Olivia Miles ranked #8.

Funny how things work out. Of SCar.'s No 1 recruiting class, of the three top 4 players(ESPN) one is rehabbing an ACL from the beginning of last season, another has transferred and the 3rd played 5 mins/game.

Reaction Score
Funny how things work out. Of SCar.'s No 1 recruiting class, of the three top 4 players(ESPN) one is rehabbing an ACL from the beginning of last season, another has transferred and the 3rd played 5 mins/game.
Not sure who to attribute it to:
“That’s why they play the games...”

Reaction Score
Caroline did much more than score when Paige and others were out. For much of the season, she was the only one moving without the ball, getting numerous back cut lay ups and opening the floor up for others. While it was logical for Geno to maximize Paige's minutes in the playoffs, would have loved to have seen how the end of year UConn offense, with Caroline and Azzi in constant motion, would have done against South Carolina.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That is funny.... how you forgot to mention ... for a National Championship team.

Reaction Score
Caroline did much more than score when Paige and others were out. For much of the season, she was the only one moving without the ball, getting numerous back cut lay ups and opening the floor up for others. While it was logical for Geno to maximize Paige's minutes in the playoffs, would have loved to have seen how the end of year UConn offense, with Caroline and Azzi in constant motion, would have done against South Carolina.
Caroline was extremely fast bringing the ball up on fast breaks with no turnovers as well, when Paige and Fudd were out. Considering she had a hip injury while doing that, I find just amazing.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The thing that impressed me most about Caroline was her defense. Like Paige, she may not be the best one-on-one defender, but she has great anticipation, recovers well, plays really good help defense, and uses her length well. Some of that can’t be taught, but she’s going to do nothing but get better.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Paige at Saturday morning practice in Atlanta.

Thanks. I needed that. :)

Does anyone know why Paige is working out In Atlanta?

Reaction Score
None the less, SCar won the most recent championship.

Reaction Score

Isn’t the OTT competition the thing she’s Exec producing? Or has some other involvement in? I think it was mentioned in another thread.

sun

Reaction Score

UConn women’s basketball star Paige Bueckers spent the weekend in Atlanta serving as “Executive Producer” of a two-day showcase hosted by Overtime, the sports media brand that produces video content and operates leagues.

The women’s basketball takeover was a two-day event that drew some of the top high school players in the country, including UConn commit KK Arnold. There were games, a dunk contest, and off-court events — with Bueckers the star of the weekend.
May 16, 2022

Reaction Score
That is funny.... how you forgot to mention ... for a National Championship team.
I was talking about freshman/recruit performance not team. There are several threads dealing with the title game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom