Update On Injured Huskies Via Geno | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Update On Injured Huskies Via Geno

Reaction Score
The thing that impressed me most about Caroline was her defense. Like Paige, she may not be the best one-on-one defender, but she has great anticipation, recovers well, plays really good help defense, and uses her length well. Some of that can’t be taught, but she’s going to do nothing but get better.
Her height and length are a double bonus. It's so much easier to score over defenders 6 inches shorter especially when you have good footwork. And she would let a player drive around her if she thought she would block the shot.
So many things went wrong last season that I feel like a jinx saying anyone will have a big season. But with Ducharme and Fudd both experiencing a big sophomore jump it's hard not to be optimistic.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Isn’t the OTT competition the thing she’s Exec producing? Or has some other involvement in? I think it was mentioned in another thread.
Yes, that’s it. The 2 day deal in Atlanta sponsored by Gatorade was May 13-14.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was talking about freshman/recruit performance not team. There are several threads dealing with the title game.
Right so the freshman classes' ability to perform was limited by injury (which you have already covered) and the fact that the TEAM won a National Championship. You specifically mentioned that Feagin only got to play 5 minutes a game- well.. that's because South Carolina is a damn good team and she has Boston, Cardoso, Saxton and Amihere playing in front of her. Feagin played roughly 1 less MPG than Amari last season. Fegin played in twice a many games as Amari did though against a SEC schedule on an national championship team-why overlook this?

Reaction Score
Right so the freshman classes' ability to perform was limited by injury (which you have already covered) and the fact that the TEAM won a National Championship. You specifically mentioned that Feagin only got to play 5 minutes a game- well.. that's because South Carolina is a damn good team and she has Boston, Cardoso, Saxton and Amihere playing in front of her. Feagin played roughly 1 less MPG than Amari last season. Fegin played in twice a many games as Amari did though against a SEC schedule on an national championship team-why overlook this?

You can dodge around the facts but the Nos 2,3,4 ESPN recruits were a bust as far as contributing to Scar's season, and that's all I said. Besides, you scoff at anyone who suggests that Dorka & ONO's injuries (and not Scar's front line) were why the final game was won. You have already dismissed injury as the biggest factor in UConn's loss in the final so don't use it now to excuse the dismal addition the SCar freshmen made to the entire SCar season. For whatever reason they didn't have good seasons. If Rivers had shot like that as a UConn freshman many on this board would have called her a flop and would have a list of her replacements. And if a top 5 recruit transferred from UConn after 1 season there would be several comments about the "obvious" decline of Geno's abilities.

But it's not UConn so rationality is allowed. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You can dodge around the facts but the Nos 2,3,4 ESPN recruits were a bust as far as contributing to Scar's season, and that's all I said. Besides, you scoff at anyone who suggests that Dorka & ONO's injuries (and not Scar's front line) were why the final game was won. You have already dismissed injury as the biggest factor in UConn's loss in the final so don't use it now to excuse the dismal addition the SCar freshmen made to the entire SCar season. For whatever reason they didn't have good seasons. If Rivers had shot like that as a UConn freshman many on this board would have called her a flop and would have a list of her replacements. And if a top 5 recruit transferred from UConn after 1 season there would be several comments about the "obvious" decline of Geno's abilities.

But it's not UConn so rationality is allowed. :rolleyes:
South Carolina did not need the #1 recruiting class to achieve a championship season.
It is very premature (silly really) to call that class a bust after one season.
Injury was not the deciding factor in the Championship game.
Saniya Rivers shooting struggles date back to high school for those who were paying attention-like me.
What in the heck does Geno have to do with any of this ? Geno once lost the #1 recruit in the country and still managed to piece together a a decent coaching career after the fact.

Reaction Score
You keep wanting to talk about SCar's season when all I talked about was their disappointing freshman class. I'm not going to repeat it all again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom