Update on AG | The Boneyard

Update on AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't know he had surgery but I'm glad. Will hopefully make it a lot less likely to happen again.

Reaction Score
Wonder why bazz isn't going to play with PR...seemed like good chance for him to play since he didn't get much PT this year again

Reaction Score
Wonder why bazz isn't going to play with PR...seemed like good chance for him to play since he didn't get much PT this year again

I wonder, too. Amore made it sound like it was his decision.

Liked Bazz's tweet in response to the nightclub shooting.

Reaction Score
A great decision by AG. A stable shoulder, is alot more durable than an unstable shoulder, that pops out without contact. He should be back by November.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I wonder, too. Amore made it sound like it was his decision.

Liked Bazz's tweet in response to the nightclub shooting.
Bazz seems very disconnected from the nba based on his social media presence, you wouldnt really know hes an nba player by looking through his posts. I fear for his future in the league, I hope he figures it out.

pj

Reaction Score
How are NBA GMs going to know about him if he doesn't have a social media presence!?

Maybe he should get some pointers on brand management from Malik Newman.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't think the two are related at all.
I never said there is some sort of correlation. I'm just saying he has almost no pictures of him with teammates or in team gear, he knows better than any of us if he is getting that next contract.

Reaction Score
Bazz seems very disconnected from the nba based on his social media presence,
Nah, he's just not a Twitter guy. Got to be some sort of record though, he has 60,000 followers and only 54 tweets.

Reaction Score
This kid sounds like he his going to be great. The blue-collar, tough guy, that's helps pick-up his teammates when the going gets rough.

I couldn't believe this line from the article: "He’s the Huskies’ first McDonald’s All-American recruit since Walker in 2008, and he’s the most highly-touted of a bumper crop of five incoming freshmen who could all be valuable contributors this season."

How does a program of our caliber go 7 years without landing a McDonald All-American player? It just seems so remarkable given all of our success over the last 25+years. You would think we would have landed a few without even trying given our success. It baffles the mind.

Reaction Score
This kid sounds like he his going to be great. The blue-collar, tough guy, that's helps pick-up his teammates when the going gets rough.

I couldn't believe this line from the article: "He’s the Huskies’ first McDonald’s All-American recruit since Walker in 2008, and he’s the most highly-touted of a bumper crop of five incoming freshmen who could all be valuable contributors this season."

How does a program of our caliber go 7 years without landing a McDonald All-American player? It just seems so remarkable given all of our success over the last 25+years. You would think we would have landed a few without even trying given our success. It baffles the mind.

To be fair, in 2011 we landed two Top 10 guys in Daniels and Drummond, though neither were eligible for McD AA.

Between that year and this year (or arguably last year) though, high school recruiting really hasn't been up to snuff, for various reasons.

Reaction Score
To be fair, in 2011 we landed two Top 10 guys in Daniels and Drummond, though neither were eligible for McD AA.

Between that year and this year (or arguably last year) though, high school recruiting really hasn't been up to snuff, for various reasons.

Agreed, that Niels Giffey and Shabazz Napier class was pretty weak.

Reaction Score
Agreed, that Niels Giffey and Shabazz Napier class was pretty weak.

They came in 2010, before Daniels/Drummond/Boat. My comment was that the classes of 2012 through 2014 or 2015 were not UConn standard. The non-transfers we brought in were:

Nolan
Calhoun
Tolksdorf
Samuel
Facey
Brimah
Lubin
Cassell
Hamilton
Adams
Enoch

Calhoun was supposed to be much better than he turned out, but that aside, in that group you have maybe 2-3 guys who would have started on vintage UConn teams. I don't think my comment was very controversial.

Reaction Score
They came in 2010, before Daniels/Drummond/Boat. My comment was that the classes of 2012 through 2014 or 2015 were not UConn standard. The non-transfers we brought in were:

Nolan
Calhoun
Tolksdorf
Samuel
Facey
Brimah
Lubin
Cassell
Hamilton
Adams
Enoch

Calhoun was supposed to be much better than he turned out, but that aside, in that group you have maybe 2-3 guys who would have started on vintage UConn teams. I don't think my comment was very controversial.
Yes, it's almost like we transitioned from a legendary hall of fame coach to a brand new coach and at the same time had scholarship and recruiting restrictions.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's almost like we transitioned from a legendary hall of fame coach to a brand new coach and at the same time had scholarship and recruiting restrictions.
And went from the Big East to the AAC, and had a postseason ban

But those are trivial points

Reaction Score
Yeah, if that had happened it would explain things, wouldn't it? ;)

There were a lot of swings and misses during that stretch. DHam and Adams were nice gets, coming in the back end of that stretch.

KO did a nice job with the 2016 class. I still think, he would have cleaned up getting more of his plan-A recruits if we were in one of the P5 conferences, but there's nothing anyone can do about that now. Hopefully, we can dominate the AAC for years to come, win another NC and eventually get that P5 invitation. For now, I'm just going to continue to enjoy being a UConn fan, as I always have.

Getting back to AG, I said that he should get his shoulder taken care of since it popped out just reaching for the ball and that it had happened before. It was good to learn he had the operation. Although it might result in a slow start of his UConn career, thought that's yet to be realized, he should be able to play without worrying about his shoulder leading to awesome Husky career. He's going continue the great UConn PG legacy, hopefully following a special career by Adams who will be one of next season's leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom