UPDATE: Book on 2011 UConn Men's Championship Season - Now Available | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UPDATE: Book on 2011 UConn Men's Championship Season - Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is my favorite part: . Even after the big tournament out in Arizona, UConn wasn’t totally swayed on Kemba and nearly lost him to a new suitor, the North Carolina Tar Heels. Luckily for the Huskies, fate intervened and right as Walker went online to book a plane ticket to visit North Carolina, Hicks got a call from Tar Heels assistant Steve Robinson. Apparently North Carolina had just picked up a commitment from California guard Larry Drew. Just like that the Tar Heels were out of the Kemba Walker sweepstakes.

Woops

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I just bought the book. Was cool to see that my boy Taliek was Kemba's inspiration.

I heart Kemba Walker.

And good luck with the sales Aaron.

Reaction Score
Just placed an order, thanks for putting the work in Aaron, I've been waiting for this book since they cut down the nets.

Reaction Score
My wife will be buying me a copy for XMAS. The excerpt was very good.

Reaction Score
So much from the heart
I smell a fart
But how does it read??

Reaction Score
Just placed an order, thanks for putting the work in Aaron, I've been waiting for this book since they cut down the nets.

Sky Walker, thanks so much, and your sentiment is exactly why I decided to write the book. I kept thinking "someone needs to capture the story of this team and season." For awhile, I didn't think it would be me, but I am honored to now say it was.

Believe me, I wouldn't have written a book if the story wasn't worth writing. And above all, last year's UConn Huskies were a truly incredible story.

Thanks again.

Reaction Score
Just ordered one today (via Amazon) for my Dad. Have you thought of coming out with an e-book version for the kindle/nook/iBook?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Here's another request for a Kindle version.

Just ordered one today (via Amazon) for my Dad. Have you thought of coming out with an e-book version for the kindle/nook/iBook?

Reaction Score
I will most def get a copy. Nothing like having another UConn book in the house. I just can't wait until it comes out on Kindle. But looking to get a copy.

Reaction Score

Guys and gals---

There will most definitely Kindle version coming out. It's a question I've gotten a lot, and unfortunately, the process does take an extra few weeks.

My hope is to have the Kindle version available by mid-January.

Feel free to follow the Facebook page for updates (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Unlikeliest-Champion-UConn-Huskies/288639234502717) or send me an e-mail personally at uconnbook@gmail.com, and I'll add your name to our list, and send you more info as it becomes available.

Thanks for the incredible support everyone!

Reaction Score
I will most def get a copy. Nothing like having another UConn book in the house. I just can't wait until it comes out on Kindle. But looking to get a copy.

Jellybean-

Thanks for the support, and as I mentioned in the previous thread, it's my hope to have a Kindle version ready by mid-January. Feel free to follow the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Unlikeliest-Champion-UConn-Huskies/288639234502717) or just keep checking back here for updates.

Happy Holiday!

Reaction Score
I got the book as a XMAS present from my wife. I already finished it. I enjoyed the book quite a bit and it brought back some real good memories.

A couple things that jumped out at me were:

1. How big a role AO played in winning the Maui, BE and NCAA championships;

2. How so many different guys stepped up and made big plays throughout the season. Whether it was Jamal Coombs-McDaniel grabbing a huge rebound against Pitt in the BE tourney, Lamb knocking down a clutch 3, Chuck shutting off the lane to an oppsing guard's drive, Napier pestering the other team's point guard and allowing Kemba to play off the ball... there were many guys who made key plays making the NC run possible....in addition to Kemba's incredible season and his influence on his teammates both on and off the court.

I think Aaron did a fine job in writing the book. Boneyard regulars will probably view the book as a nice recap/refesher of the season, as the vast majority of the content is pretty well known to those who eat,sleep, and breathe Husky Hoops. What I really liked though was Aaron's first person description of his attendance at the national championship game and his own feelings and emotions.

Overall, I liked the book very much, and wish Aaron all the best in his future literary endeavors.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Aaron,

It must be a pretty small world because my sister got me the book for xmass and then told me she went to college with the authors sister, so my book this Christmas came with a personalized note from you in it haha.

Was hoping someone was going to get me a copy this year for xmass, didn't realize I was going to get it straight from the source!

Thanks!

Reaction Score
SO any reviews yet????

Sledog-

Thanks for the question on reviews. Copies of the book are in the hands of several prominent media members as we speak. Unfortunately, because we are in the heart of college basketball season, it's understandable that college basketball writers don't have a ton of free time to read and review books right now.

The only thing I can say is that there is a review up on Amazon that might be worth checking out: http://www.amazon.com/Unlikeliest-C...3495/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325197240&sr=8-1

Have a Happy New Year, and let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Thanks,

Aaron

Reaction Score
Aaron,

It must be a pretty small world because my sister got me the book for xmass and then told me she went to college with the authors sister, so my book this Christmas came with a personalized note from you in it haha.

Was hoping someone was going to get me a copy this year for xmass, didn't realize I was going to get it straight from the source!

Thanks!

Conn-

It really is a small world, and is probably helped by the fact that Connecticut really is a small state. If I've learned one thing in this process (amongst many), it's how fast word has traveled...especially within the state's borders.

Either way, glad that your sister thought of you, and hope you enjoy the book. If you've got any questions, you know where to reach me!

Aaron

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I ordered mine weeks ago. No book yet.

Sooo, not winning.

Reaction Score
For some reason, I cannot seem to update this thread, therefore I'll just make the announcement here:

I am happy to announce that the Kindle version of 'The Unlikeliest Champion is now available! As always, you can check it all out at www.uconnbook.com or click here to purchase straight from Amazon. Also, be sure to check out UConnBook.com for updates on some signings I'm doing, including one this weekend in Fairfield!

If you've got questions on any of that, or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out at UConnBook@gmail.com.

Thanks again to everyone for all the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom