Update: Arkansas game now at 6 PM EST on ESPN2 [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Update: Arkansas game now at 6 PM EST on ESPN2 [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It originally showed 5pm on UConn's site, but they changed it at some point

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: for those who like to scout our future opponents...South Carolina plays at
Mississippi State starting at 7:00 on espn. Maybe allowing a quick peek during
timeouts in our game....and then watch the second half of it after we are done beating
Arkansas?

Reaction Score

No idea what you mean by "ESPN2 is showing it at 5PM". If you mean the channel guide on your TV, note that is determined by your cable provider and how quickly it uploads updated schedules. My provider updated it yesterday.

And the ESPN website has shown 6pm since yesterday as well.

The school tweeted 6pm yesterday. The ESPN website says 6pm. This is not difficult.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Can Saylor play tomorrow?
Geno says she won't, but he may have #4 up his sleeve.

Anyway I have been out for much of the day and there is this article...in other words this may duplicate someone elses efforts. With that disclaimer the experts weigh in on what to look forin this game:

It’s a high-powered offense,” Lyle said. “They like to get shots up within the first nine to 10 seconds in the shot clock. They have multiple weapons, which makes them extremely dangerous. And they can score so quickly that they’re never out of a ball game.”

The Razorbacks are a guard-heavy team, typically putting four perimeter players on the floor at a time. They like to shoot the three (37.4 percent clip with Amber Ramirez leading the team at 44.6 percent) but also love to put the ball on the floor and try to get to the rim.

Connecticut should be good enough, athletic enough to defend on the perimeter,” Peck said. “So can Arkansas break them down? And if they get by, you’ve got [UConn center] Olivia [Nelson-Ododa] inside to alter shots so that you don’t have to help off of three-point shooters.”

Arkansas’ 85.4 points per game are fifth-best in the nation per Her Hoop Stats. Even a good defensive team in South Carolina, Lyle points out, allowed 82 points.

Auriemma said it’s impossible to completely contain Arkansas’ offense, but his team will need to minimize it, especially by limiting trips to the line and 3s. But UConn must also “shoot a real high percentage” on its end.

Lyle and Peck pointed out the common thread in Arkansas’ losses has been poor rebounding. In its six losses this season, Arkansas has been outrebounded on average by a margin of 14. UConn will not hesitate to exploit that advantage on both ends.

“We really struggle to rebound it,” Neighbors said. “The teams that can do that, they’ve got the blueprint to beat us. For us to pull out games like this, we need to be able to attempt 30-35 3s and make 12 or 13 of those, and we need to be able to get to the foul line, which is hard against UConn. They’re so disciplined.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know who is worse, the ESPN announcers or the Arkansas PA announcer.
I wish the announcers would shut up. Sometimes the only way I can tell what happened is overhearing that PA announcer.

Reaction Score
I am loving our shot-making tonight especially the freshmen! But where is the damn defense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom